X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Midas Muffler - Allentown Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Waukesha Wisconsin
  • Midas Muffler 3141 LEHIGH STREET Allentown, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Midas Muffler Almost Cost Me Hundreds of Dollars, But Underestimated What I Knew! Allentown Pennsylvania

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This occurred when I lived in Pennsylvania, and I have been looking for a place to report it ever since.

A friend who worked on cars was preparing my car for the vehicle inspection required in PA. He did not have the part to remove an exhaust clamp that was welded on by a previous owner, so he instructed me to go to the Midas Muffler in Allentown and have them remove it.

Shortly after I arrived, I watched as they took my car in and put it on the lift. The "mechanic" who was taking car of my car spent close to an hour with my car, but had not removed the clamp.

*I must add at this point that my car was in an accident the previous winter and there was minor damage to the rear bumper.*

After an hour or so, he came into the lobby to tell me that there was a major problem with my car. He took me out to the shop and pointed out the universal joint. He stated that damage was done to the U-joint and it needed to be replaced or I could be in a serious auto accident at any time. He told me the cost would be $800+ for the repair. It was at that point that I went back into the lobby and told any waiting customers to take their cars elsewhere because these "mechanics" are instructed to pad jobs and do unnecessary repairs!

What the man had showed me was the indent in the U-Joint case where the bolt is housed and told me the indent was the damage done to my car. He understimated what I knew and understood about cars, to his misfortune.

Please do not trust Midas Muffler. If they give large quotes for repairs, take your vehicle to another reputable mechanic for a second opinion!

Karen
Waukesha, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midas-muffler/allentown-pennsylvania-18103/midas-muffler-almost-cost-me-hundreds-of-dollars-but-underestimated-what-i-knew-allentow-91884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair