Complaint Review: MyLife.com - Los Angeles California

• MyLife.com
    907 WESTWOOD BLVD # 359
    Los Angeles, California
    United States

MyLife.com MyLife Reunion.com classmates.com wink.com Intrusive personal information, defamation of character, compromising identity Los Angeles California

This website is committing a violation of my privacy. This company is not an official public registrar or government agency nor a credit reporting or employment verification company and does not have legal reason or authority to maintain and provide intrusive personal records, including phone numbers, complete (and incorrect) address history, relationships, associations, and even personal and family pictures. Providing such intrusive information to the public without proper authority and accountability constitutes a threat to my reputation, identity, security and personal welfare. I assume the same is true for everyone else whose information they are distributing without the knowledge or consent of the individuals being compromised.

The website insinuates that any person searched is possibly a criminal and a sex offender. This is defamation and libel. There is absolutely no need to advetrise that omeon may be a sex offender on a casusal public research website as there are FREE, OFFICIAL government databases with sex offender information that is accurate and verified. The only possible motive to have something on such a website that insinuates people are sex offenders is to defame those people and encourage someone searching for them to pay money for a report explaining their possible crimes. There is no way to opt-out of this violation on the website.

The amount of damage this website could be, and IS, doing to people is alarming. This report doesn't even address the fraudulent services billing tactics, false advertising (other than defamation) and anit-spam violation law suits and judgements it has already had against it.

I have sent an email addressed ATTN CEO Jeff Tinsley to an email address published four years ago in a privacy forum to request that my profile be removed, but I can't find a current contact email.

There are two address listed for their physical address, one block away from each other. One is clearly a UPS mailbox, and I'm not convinced the other one a real address, either. It seems more likely the UPS store moved to a bigger building, but I will also send my request to these two addresses by mail. The information I found was what was registered with the website registrar (WHOIS/ICANN).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2017 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mylifecom/los-angeles-california-90024-2904/mylifecom-mylifereunioncomclassmatescomwinkcom-intrusive-personal-information-de-1415679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content