X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Shawna R. — Cedar Park Texas USA
  • NCSA Nationwide USA

NCSA National Collegiate Scouting Association THEY WILL SELL YOU A DREAM- DON'T BUY IT! Chicago IL

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: THANKFUL FOR RIPOFF REPORTS AND THE INDIVIDUALS THAT TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE THE REPORT

I'm a mother of five.  I raised my children alone for ten years and the only thing I know about football is what I've learned from my boys. I also have no experience with college applications or scholarships as I went to community college and did not play sports. My middle child will be graduating this year and has been looking into opportunities for football scholarships. I was viewing my son's stats on MaxPreps and checked a box next to something like "am interested in information about sports scholarships". ENTER NCSA. I received a phone call from their sales person and a follow up call from a "coach" with their organization. We were promised a lot of things, the biggest of which was personal coaching for my son in the scholarship process. Having no experience with that sort of thing, I thought this would be ideal for my son...Then they dropped the price on me...It was around $3,000.00 but, because my son is on the reduced lunch program at school, it was $1,000 for him to have the full, unlimited package. I was incredibly excited to know that he would have the support he needed to achieve his goals. We are now 4 months into the program, past football seaon and about a month away from National Signing Day. We have heard from this "persoanl coach" exactly twice. The last time I heard from him, I expressed to him that I wasn't happy with the lack of contact from him and his response was simply "well he(my son) can call me too if he has issues." I understand that the phone works both ways BUT when you give a teenager all of this information it can be completely overwhelming. I would think, if you hadn't heard from one of your recruits in over a month (or even two months, or three months) you would make outreach to them to see how things are going. Also, I'm not paying $1,000 that I really didn't have in the first place, for my son to be the only person making contact. He was also completely unaware that my son's team was in the 5th round of the state play-offs. He didn't look into or follow my son in any way, shape or form. My son was nothing more than a dollar sign. In the end, I've paid $396.00 so far and they have provided little more than an online profile that outlines my son's stats. The profile would be GREAT if you knew how to work it but, with little to no actual coaching, it's pretty much useless and is also something you can obtain for free through MaxPreps. Luckily, we have made contact with a coach who has interest in my son through one of his football buddies. I contacted NCSA with my issues and was ultimately referred to their "Financial Aid" department for their refund policy. They offered the following 3 options- 1.) to have the coach that doesn't help at all call us. (the "coach" that should have already called since we haven't heard from him in over a month). 2.) defer the useless account to a younger sibling that is interested in a sports scholarship (of which we have none) or 3.) to pay a FEE for cancelling the useless profile early in the amount of $277...It's LAUGHABLE at best and absolutely insulting. There wasn't ever a contract or any discussion of any late cancellation fees or any such refund policy. I'm just waiting for the day that a class action lawsuit is filed against them...I'll be happy to join.....SAVE YOUR MONEY AND JUST EMAIL COLLEGE COACHES DIRECTLY. YOU CAN FIND THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES ON THE COLLEGE'S WEBSITE (That FREE advice came from my son's uncle....)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2016 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ncsa/nationwide/ncsa-national-collegiate-scouting-association-they-will-sell-you-a-dream-dont-buy-it-c-1279838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: victor - (United States)

POSTED: Monday, January 22, 2018

Getting ready to start looking for a soccer scholarship for my son, NCSA is the first thing that showed up in my search results, almost made it to the first conference call when I decided to look up reviews for sports scholarship recruiting. 27 reports is alot of angry prople, not to mention the ones that just walk away angry that we will never hear about what they had to say.

This is my first time to prepare a child for college, by accident I found rip off reports. I could have been taken very easily because my childs career and education are very important to to me. The last thing I want is to set my child back because of some marketing program that is only concearned about sales empty promises and money.

Thank you to ripoff report and the person that wrote this article.