Complaint Review: NJ EZ Pass - Newark New Jersey

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012
  • Reported By: sdirr — Middletown New York United States of America
  • NJ EZ Pass
    375 McCarter Highway (Route 21)
    Newark, New Jersey
    United States of America

Once again I have received a NJ EZ Pass violation notice for a toll that I paid. I was traveling down the Garden State Parkway on my way to Cape May, NJ with my mother and 11 yr. old daughter. Due to past bad experiences with the EZ Pass system, I will only pay cash to a toll collector (when available), and have always asked for a receipt. On this particular trip, I paid each toll via a toll collector. There were no instances during this trip where a toll collector was not available. I personally handed someone the money at each toll and there was no margin for human error on my part. My only mistake was that I did not ask for a reciept on this particular trip. I felt that it would be fine as long as I am handing the money to the toll collector and I felt paranoid asking for a receipt. Is it a coincidence that the first time I do not ask for a receipt, I receive a notice stating that I did not pay a $1.50 toll and they are charging me a $50.00 fee? I don't think so and I think it is happening to countless numbers of people. Someone needs to look into the NJ EZ Pass system to see just why they make thousands of dollars each year from toll violations. It is not because there are countless numbers of dishonest or  confused drivers. It is because the system  is fraudulent. I am begging people with the same experience to let it be known! Don't just pay it and keep your mouth shut because it's easier. We all need to get together and do something about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2012 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nj-ez-pass/newark-new-jersey-07114/nj-ez-pass-fraudulent-toll-fines-earnsthousands-for-nj-newark-new-jersey-910387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Pascack Valley Toll Violation Despite Paying The Toll

AUTHOR: CVRIV - ()

I just received a toll violation in the mail despite paying the $1.50 toll at the Pascack Valley toll booth on the Garden State Parkway! I am so pissed! I am not paying this violation! There is no way I just rolled through without paying! I handed the toll collector cash!!! I never ask for a reciept because I never thought I would ever need a receipt, so I can't prove that I paid the toll but neither can they prove that I didn't pay the toll!

If you are caught making a traffic violation via camera, you get to see video proof of the violation. Where is the video proof that I just rolled through without paying? Just because they have a picture of the back of my car doesn't mean anything. It means they had taken my picture after paying the toll, that's all.

I hardly ever use toll roads because I hate paying so much money just to drive down a road! I will surely make sure not to use tolls roads anymore! NJ EZ Pass are thieves. I am not paying this violation.

Victim also, Toll paid, got bill 3 weeks later.

AUTHOR: Davis - ()

October 31, 2014 Made a trip from Long Island, NY to NJ and back. I don't use an EZpass, nor do I have one. I pay every single toll booth via the cash lane.

3 weeks later I recieve a bill that I didn't pay the toll at the Goethal's Bridge of 13 dollars, and that I went through an ezpass and skipped the toll and since its my first offense, they will waive the adminstrative fee of 50 dollars. THIS IS TOTAL bullshit and on the back of the letter, it says to appeal this matter, I need to send in proof that I paid, I have never needed to ask for a receipt. 13 dollars is nothing but this is a scam!

Refusing to PAY!!!!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I too received a notice indicating that I did not pay 1.50 $ toll on the Pascack Valley PKWY toll RD.  I used the exact change gate and paid 1:50$ .  Now they want to charge me 50$ administration fee!!!.

I know that I paid this toll.  I do not understand what is the 50$ fee for when it's ONLY 1.50 $!!!  I really feel that  this is abuse and deceiving innocent people.

I am not paying this fine and don't really know what to do to fight this.

EZ Pass NJ abuse -- Pascack Valley PVK Tool

AUTHOR: EG - (United States of America)

I have used Pascack Valley PVK toll RD while I was visiting NJ last Sep.   I used the exact change gate and paid 1:50$ .  Then I've received a notice indicates that I did  not pay 1:50 $ toll.  They charged me 50$ administration fee!!!.

I am sure that I've paid this tool.  I do not understand what is the 50$ fee!!! I really feel that  is abuse and deceiving innocent people.

I am not paying this fine and do not really know what I do to fight this.