Complaint Review: Rosland Capital

• Reported By: DLG — Kapaau Hawaii United States of America
  • Rosland Capital
    429 Santa Monica Bl #450, Santa Monica, CA 90401
    United States of America

Rosland Capital charged excessively high "comission" rates in their exchange for my gold. My calculations came out to a 24% fee for the exchange or "trade" transaction. They took my gold bars at my request, and gav Internet

*Consumer Comment: Fox News?

Rosland capital's rep, Chase Greenich is a slick operator, using "good cop, bad cop," techniques in regard to his "administrators, who wanted to give me less value, and he had to fight for me,and was on my side."  I've bought gold for years now, but never had to pay such high "sales expenses."

I felt they were a fair company because they advertised on Fox News network, also was a fan of G. Gordon Liddy, and his character in taking the "rap" for a previous government boondoggle.  They're not!  All I'm asking for is fair value...a 7 to 10% fee would be acceptible, but not 24%!  I couldn't get a straight answer from Chase, but did they charge me 12% for the sale of my gold, and 12% for selling me their gold?  The amount was substantial to me.  If the value of my gold was $500,000...24% would amount to $120,000 I'd have been charged.  Is this a normal trade fee?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Fox News?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I felt they were a fair company because they advertised on Fox News network"

This is the extent of your due dilligence?    There are numerous places to buy and sell gold with minimal overhead (2%-5%).   There are also many dealers that charge very high premiums to people who blindly believe everything they hear on Fox News.

As a general rule, if a gold dealer can afford high priced national media campaigns, they are not going to offer you the best deal.   This is pretty easy to figure out if you're willing to spend a few hours doing a bit of research before buying or selling.