Complaint Review: SEARS HOME IMPROVEMENT - Internet
- SEARS HOME IMPROVEMENT searshomepro.com/v4/windows/index.aspx Internet U.S.A.
- Category: Home Improvements
SEARS HOME IMPROVEMENT STORM WINDOWS, HOME IMPROVEMENTS, HURRICAINE WINDOWS MIAMI Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. This is the first contact that we have received regarding any attempt to schedule an inspection. Please note that I have called both the Sears Home Office and the Home Improvement Office to attempt to have someone schedule this.
2. During each of these phone calls and all other communications, I have attempted to do everything within my power to work with you to facilitate the problem and resolve all of issues.
1. Please feel free to have your Permit Administrator contact us. My cell phone number is ---. My office number is ---. Please ask for Dr Mitchell or my wife Dr Aimee . (Note, Sears called 2 times and stated that they had set up the inspection. The first time I remained at home and waited all day. The second time I called the city. They noted that their was no inspection requested.
2. Note, however that the final inspection is only a small part of the problem. We still have the following issues which must also be brought to resolution:
A. Two of the bedroom windows are not those that we ordered. We definitely did not order windows which opened only from one side. I remind you that the original window placed in one of the two rooms, (which came damaged) was the correct window. When it was replaced, your crew did it with a window that opened only from one side. Both of these windows must be replaced. (Please note, if the inspection is performed prior to replacement, for our protection and yours, we must insist that the new installation be permitted and re-inspected.)
B. Windows in the kitchen and the bedroom still have exposed screws. The caps have never been inserted. Although I spoke with your office several times regarding this, I have been told that they can not be put into place prior to the inspection. It is interesting to note that this same rule does not seem to apply to the windows that came with the original installation.
C. Finally, there is some question as to whether or not a proper header was installed in the kitchen window. One of our contractors working on another project for us indicated that this was not done. I will be pointing this out to the city inspector and accept his/her judgment on this issue.
D. Last but not least, we require a letter for our insurance company certifying the installation of the storm proof windows.
The following is the corrective action which we have requested from the company.
1. The two proper windows are installed, and the missing caps are in place.
2. We receive a signed documentation from the City of Coral Springs that the job meets code. (This is to include both the old job and the new windows)
3. We receive the letter for the insurance company.
To date none of this has occurred. Sears simply will not complete the job. It is a shame that we are paying 1/3 more than our neighbors for the same job, because we were relying on Sears reputation for service. Wrong move!
CORAL SPRINGS, Florida
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears-home-improvement/internet/sears-home-improvement-storm-windows-home-improvements-hurricaine-windows-miami-internet-227684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.