Complaint Review: TracFone

• TracFone
    9700 NW 112th Ave
    Medley, Florida
    USA

I am or was a Safe Link customer. on September 1st 2017 I called Safe Link to find out why I hadn't received my minutes for 3 months.

What I was told was that I had a second lifeline service. This is incorrect. What happened was several months ago, November 2016, I started having problems with the battery in my Safe Link phone, which I wasn't able to correct.

I told Safe Link this and they sent me a refurbished TracFone phone, not a replacement Safe link phone. I agreed to have them deduct $11.05 from my checking account for the minimum of 30 minutes.

This was a paying phone, no government free minutes. Whatever the problem with the battery in the Safe Link phone was, whatever was causing the peoblem, went away and I had no more problems.

Now I had 2 phones. Because I don't use the phones much I had no need for the TracFone phone, and let the service lapse. This was on August 10th 2017.

When I called TracFone, I was told a completely different story. I was told because I failed to recertify on time that was the reason I lost my Safe Link service.

I was never notified, as is their policy that it was time to recertify. Since the fault was Not Mine, but that of TracFone (Safe Link) they should rectify their mistake.

I was told I will have to wait until May 2nd 2018 before I can reapply. When I asked them why, they wouldn't tell me. I was charged $11.05 from November 2016 up to and including August 10th 2017.

I kept getting promotional offers to buy minutes from TracFone. I would without fail get yearly notification reminders of my upcoming recertification. They would send me notices. Until this year.

The only reason I can come up with for them not doing it this time was that they were deliberately choosing not to, knowing i would fail to recertify, which is what they want. They don't want to give me the free government minutes, when there is money to be made; and to put the blame on me when it was them all along.

They knew I didn't have 2 lifeline services. They deliberately failed to notify me that it was time to recertify. I believe because then I would be forced to continue to use TracFone, and wouldn't have to continue with the government program to which I was entitled. That is unethical.

They put me in this situation because of their greed. I complained to the NYS attorney general, but it was like talking to the wall. The complaint form they promised to send me was never sent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2017 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tracfone/medley-florida-33178/tracfone-safelink-they-caused-me-to-lose-my-phone-service-medley-florida-1400996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

7Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Minutes Paid For Never received

AUTHOR: Kurgle - (United States)

When I had problems with the battery in the phone, and TracFone sent me a replac ement phone, I allowed them to enroll me in an automatic program to take money from my account to pay for minutes.

When I stopped using the phone last July TracFone never bothered to stop taking money from my account, or to tell me they were still deducting money for minutes I was not receiving.

They also never bothered to tell me it was non-refundable.

Same Old Same Old

AUTHOR: Kurgle - (United States)

Someone Named Jonathan Saavedra his title is Social Media Analyst at TracFone. We end up playing email tag. I'm supposed to call him, and when I do the extention to the main number is invalid, just like the battery in my phone was. All TracFone is doing is stonewalling me.

The Same old Thing

AUTHOR: Kurgle - (United States)

The phone TracFone sent me is a smart phone, which I was unfamiliar with. At first I had internet service for a day. Then all of a sudden I was off line. No one from TracFone would respond, when I tried to contact Jany Cernadas, and Melissa Rake, Senior Paralegal and Contracts Coordinator, to find out what was going on. Rake never provided a contact number.

I believe they purposely disabled the service, just as they interfered with the battery in the other phone, causing all of this. So now I have no way to know how many minutes I have, since the minutes aren't displayed the way they were with the other phone.

Neither Cernades nor Rake made any effort. Cernades never bothered to tell me what I needed to know, and should have known, had a right to know.

I don't know for the life of me why I'm told to contact Cernades, when she doesn't respond. She doesn't listen. No one does. The only time anyone ever spoke with me is after I'd already complained, and not even then.

I'm being made to look like a fool. I'm a puppet, and they're pulling my strings. As far as I'm concerned, the phone is basically useless.

No enrollment/verification number

AUTHOR: Kurgle - (United States)

I didn't get the enrollment/verification number I need to recertify when the time comes for me to recertify in order to keep my lifeline service.

Did Not Receive Enrollment/Varification Number

AUTHOR: Kurgle - (United States)

This is an update to my complaint concerning TracFone Wireless. Supposedly the situation was resolved, only they conveniently neglected to give me an enrollment/varification number. So that without that I can't recertify when the time comes. Which probably what they want. I'll probably be making another report.

They are incorrigible. No matter how many complaints I've made, they just don't get it. The contact person at TracFone Wireless, told me to call them. I did. They told me to email them. I did. Nothing. No response. She doesn't listen. I have to wonder what she uses for brains.

Not even the agency that's supposed to handle these complaints, The Federal Communications Commission does anything.

Unbelievable

AUTHOR: - ()

Tracfone is still at it, they're still playing games. i couldn't believe it when I received a text message enticing me to buy more minutes on the TracFone phone, which I requested be deactivated.

Obviously they ignored this.They are unbelievable, the nerve. After everything that's occurred they just don't stop. What is it going to take?

Deceitful

AUTHOR: - ()

To update this: Whatever service and minutes I had, Safe Link cut me off without warning, purposely. They are wiseguys. How do I even know that they're on the level about May 2nd 2018, and that they won't pull something else, and find some lame excuse to deny me service? They're vidictive.

As long as I was allowing them to deduct money from my account they were happy, Sure they were having a high old time at my expense.

The only way to counteract them is to make what they do public and accountable, which is something no one is doing.

They are unscrupulous frauds, greedy opportunists. NEVER, NEVER trust them! They were playing games. They tell you to call an 800 number to reactivate the phone, only you end up getting the run around and lose minutes.

You don't play games with someones life just to be funny. They have no conscience, no ethics, no integrity. They don't care what they have to do or how they go about it, or who gets hurt.

TracFone retaliated in the most self-serving way possible, simply because I made a legitimate complaint against them for cheating me.

If this is how they operate, it's no wonder they have a lousy reputation.

TracFone SafeLink They Caused Me To Lose My Phone Service Medley Florida

AUTHOR: TF01 - (USA)

Hi contessa,

I am working with SafeLink Wireless. I read your post on this blog. I am really sorry to hear about the trouble you have gone through. Please allow us to further invistegate your enrollment records. For further assistance, do not hesitate to click on this link bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent. Thank you.

Edzel