X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Verizon Online - Internet Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: galena — Monroeville Pennsylvania USA
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Verizon Online https://www22.verizon.com/ Internet United States of America

Verizon Online Verizon.com, Verizon Fios, Verizon Residential misleading and deceptive advertising, not quite illegal Internet

*Consumer Comment: Equipment ripoff

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I checked into a TV advertisement for Verizon a package of FIOS TV with free DVR, Computer Internet and Telephone Service at $99.99 per month in the Pittsburgh area. This advertising is very misleading if not outright illegal, as the $99.99 covers the Verizon services only and special equipment is necessary in order to use these services. This special equipment adds up to a hefty amount of money.

I started the sign-up process online, but as the process progressed I found that, although installation is free, this price only covers "service". In other words, additional monthly costs include a REQUIRED set-top box for each TV; Standard Box priced at $5.99 per month and HD Box priced at $9.99 per month for each seperate TV. Digital Adapters are required at $3.99 per month per TV.

DVR for one TV may be free for three months, but rental then kicks in at $15.99 per month for Standard DVR and HD DVR costs $19.99 per month, per DVR! The "savings" for this package is non-existent and much more costly than what I pay for all three services from a cable and a seperate satellite service. Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2009 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-online/internet/verizon-online-verizoncom-verizon-fios-verizon-residential-misleading-and-deceptive-adv-515652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Equipment ripoff

AUTHOR: TiredOf Thieves - (United States of America)

POSTED: Wednesday, January 04, 2012

I let my FIOS TV service go as I realized that I had paid over $1300 for 3 boxes over 3 years and I did not own them.  I had to continue paying for them and could be fined big bucks if I failed to return them in a timely manner.  Thus, my "bundle" in all reality included an extra $36 a month, or $432 a year.  I definitely think Verizon needs to address this policy.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair