Complaint Review: Virtual Shield - Nationwide

• Virtual Shield
    VirtualShield, LLC
    Nationwide
    United States

Virtual Shield Information collector Every, City, And, Country, In, The, World Nationwide

I signed up for Virtual Shield so that I could get to web sites and music that now are blocked in the USA. This was their claim- private browsing and access to even blocked sites. At the time I purchased this VPN was $99 for 1 yr. with automatic renewal.

After I made the purchase I discovered you needed to upgrade with additional add-ons, at an additional cost, if you wanted sites unblocked or any private browsing. At this point all I wanted was a refund.. what I got was the run around, starting at the bottom of their pyramidal hierarchy. At 3 levels up I was still getting, sorry no refund with that plan. Adding insult to injury, the next day I get an email from them advertising 3yrs for $99.

OK. All that is a personal problem. BUT, FROM THEIR OWN PAGE... they tell you that no web connection is secure, that they share your data and browsing history with other sites and will turn over anything to authorities they deem as suspect. (perhaps trying to access Moody Blues music which is blocked is considered criminal behavior now) These are the times we live in.

The whole thing is a scam, designed to collect information on your browsing activity as sites still recognized the city I originate from and knew I was using an ad blocker. My browser was still asking to autofill my info on purchases, Amazon still greeted me by name and the big G still displayed maps with directions from my location. Even this site already has my name and city filled in. Yes, virtual shield is virtual alright.. virtually non-existant except to track and monitor you.

Nothing has changed except my bank account and if this review stops even one person from wasting their money I will be happy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2018 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/virtual-shield/nationwide/virtual-shield-information-collector-every-city-and-country-in-the-world-nationwide-1451345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content