Complaint Review: YELP - San Francisco California

• YELP
    140 New Montgomery St
    San Francisco, California
    United States

YELP YELP FOR BUSINESS OWNERS YELP ADVERTISING FOR BUSINESS OWNERS ADVERTISING FOR BUSINESS OWNERS ADVERTISING Yelp's "Free $300 Advertising" coupon charged me $1,000 without my consent. San Francisco California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Have a suggestion for you if you want really sweet advertising

Yelp sent me a coupon for $300 in advertising, and it was a complete nightmare.

After a certain amount of clicks, I ran out of ad credit, so I logged into the website and paid my $40 balance and cancelled the service.

Well, a month later I received a bill for $980. I guess I only cancelled half of the service, and there was still some kind of "enhanced listing" upgrade. Whatever it's called, they kept billing me without me knowing.I called customer service several times but they blindly defended their employer citing that I didn't read the "fine print". There were impossible and infurating to deal with. I ended up calling my credit card company and charging them back.

The worst part is that the ads were innefective and you can't control who they target or when and where. The icing on the cake is that they didn't even give me the full $300. Look at the billing statement below, they only credited me $145.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2018 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/yelp/san-francisco-california-94105/yelp-yelp-for-business-ownersyelp-advertising-for-business-owners-advertising-for-busine-1428786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Have a suggestion for you if you want really sweet advertising

AUTHOR: Consumer - (United States)

I have an idea for you I don’t know what kind of business you run but you might want to contact Rip Off Report and asked to speak to their reputation consultant he has some very unique skills of giving you great marketing on over 2.2 million pages on the Internet    Just ask to  get in contact with   Their consumer advocate the editor knows who I’m talking about.   He does a lot of work for Rip Off Report and kids real good results