X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Big Lots - Longwood FL

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Rabiul — Kissimmee Florida United States
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I am not saying all employees there are bad or they always show disrespect to customers. I have been a Big Lots customer for many years especially because of the  competitive price when applying coupon that I often receive through my email subscription.

Yesterday I canceled my subscription and decided not to shop there any more because of the behavior I experienced from Longwood, Florida Big Lots store. I do not usually shop at Longwood Big Lots which is about 40 miles from my home but was there yesterday for some other purpose. On the way back home my asked me to buy some grocery and household supplies so we stopped by.

I asked an associate at the register if discount for purchse over fifty dollar can be still be applied if I do not have the printed or electronic coupon sent to my email with me. When he confirmed I picked up items I needed and met another associate at the same register. She scanned the items and I asked her to apply coupon.

She asked me for the coupon and I said i do not have this with me. She then called the manager who arrived in about 10 minutes. When I said I would like to apply the coupon which was not with me she said, "how could I apply coupon if you do not have it?" I said I did it in the past at other Big Lots stores and I did not need to present coupon and before shopping another associate at the same store confirmed that discount could be taken.

The manager said, "no, I cannot do that." Then I told her that I can possibly rectrieve my email password to retrieve the coupon sent using my  cell phone. I began typing on the cell phone and only then she said "you can go to Big Lots website for the coupon." Clearly she was trying hard to prevent applying coupon lying to me that I must bring a coupon with me in order to get discount.

I told her that the associates should be trained to help customers finding the coupon. In response she said I will not serve you next time you come here. I asked her name but she left. When I was finalizing the payment with the associate in the cash register the manager came back and asked me to leave immediately saying "I am going to call police."

My wife forced me to leave the store and my seven year old daughter watched the entire episode. What a shame? Never going to Big Lots again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2019 02:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/big-lots/longwood-fl-employee-attitude-1478146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair