X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Select Home Warranty - MAHWAH NEW JERSEY

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: AP — Fresno CA United States
  • Select Home Warranty ONE INTERNATIONAL BLVD. SUITE 400 MAHWAH, NEW JERSEY United States

Select Home Warranty arbitrarily changed my contract and over charged my credit card without my consent MAHWAH NEW JERSEY

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

on July 16, 2019 i purchased a ONE YEAR home warranty with Select Home Warranty with an "End Date - Aug 14. 2020". my contract was for one year with a single payment in the amount of $379 plus $75 service fee call. however, my credit card was charged $1720.00!!! i was not aware of the overcharge until 11/5/2020. once i found out, i contacted Select HW immediately and requested a refund for the 4 years unauthorized payment they made on my credit card.

They insisted that i upgraded my contract to a 5 year warranty which was totally bogus; they have no prove of my upgrade except what is in THEIR file. But i am holding the contract they sent me when i purchased the policy clearly stated "contract term - one year". they refused to give me the full refund for the 4 years because i did not notify them to cancel the policy after one year. WHY WOULD I NEED TO CANCEL SOMETHING I DID NOT PURCHASE!!

DON'T believe their all 5-star reviews online. this is a VERY SHADY operation! once they have your credit card info, watch out!! be very vigilant as they are unethical in their dealings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2020 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/select-home-warranty/mahwah-new-jersey-arbitrarily-1501953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair