Complaint Review: Select Home Warranty - Mahwah NJ
Select Home Warranty Didn't refund the correct amount that they owe me. TOTAL SCAMMERS!!! Mahwah NJ
- August 10, 2018 – I called Select Home Warranty (SHW) and purchased two home warranties for the two separate homes we own. SHW told me if I bought a 5-year plan that SHW would give me a year for free. I purchased the first plan for $1,875, and the second plan was $1,800 (a $75 multiple home discount was applied) for a total of $3,675.00.
- 2018-2019 – we had quite a few calls, and I was NEVER able to get them to dispatch anyone for me for the work that needed to be done.
- In fact, I had to find ALL of the contractors myself, and even then, SHW denied quite a lot of claims. The ones that SHW did cover (usually just a portion of) I had to provide SHW the bill and the “paid in full” receipt before SHW would mail a reimbursement check (after 30 days business days, not calendar days.)
- August 12, 2019 – I called SHW and told them I was dissatisfied with the service, and I wanted to cancel the remaining five years of the SHW coverage. The guy actually hung up on me because I told him that I was calling from the state of Idaho, and there were other people in the office (it is legal in the state of Idaho to record a conversation if another person is present.)
- September 27, 2019 - SHW finally mailed me the $1,640.56 refund check. I called SHW and asked when I would be expecting the remaining amount. The SHW agent told me that the check was the full refund minus the $1,383.00 service fee SHW had reimbursed me the last year and an additional $75 per each warranty to cancel.
- I asked the SHW agent what would have happened if I only purchased a warranty for one year and chose not to renew it? SHW would not be able to bill me for the work that they paid for, so how is it legal or ethical that they are keeping over 2K of our monies on a warranty that I canceled? I was told, “it’s in your contract.”
- There was NO reconciliation bill or an itemized amount of why I was receiving the said amount.
- I paid them $3,675.00, and SHW mailed a refund check of $1,640.56 (I have NOT cashed the check)
- SHW is keeping $2,034.44 claiming it’s SHW right because it’s “in the contract.”
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2019 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/select-home-warranty/mahwah-nj-didnt-refund-amount-1485950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.