X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Theresa — Willow Hill United States
  • Verizon Wireless United States

Verizon Wireless No notification that changing to credit card would eliminate autopay discount.

I am signed up for autopay and electronic statements with Verizon Wireless.  I changed my method of payment from my checking account to a credit card last month.  There was no warning that this would eliminate my autopay discount.  I never stopped the autopayment, only changed my method.  Today 4/5/19 I spoke with "Jesse" on Verizon's online chat feature.  She informs me that it is mentioned on the bill.  The bill I don't get in the mail that is a zillion pages long and now on my mobile phone.  I don't understand why there isn't a warning when changing your payment method to let you know at that time so that you can make an informed decision.

Because I have multiple lines it effected every line - she says I was charged $30.  They finally agreed to refund $15.  (Although my phone app has a feature that shows me what has changed and it says I was charged an additional $10/line.)  Another source of consumer confusion.

I believe Verizon should be forced to add clarification to their site so that others know a simple change of payment method can cause them to be charged additional fees.  Banks have to have everything spelled out, why don't they?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2019 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/verizon-wireless/no-notification-changing-card-1476601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content