Complaint Review: American Standard online - Montecito California
American Standard online Shady Scam took me for $199 - NO chance for a refund due to the fine print- they have old lists that arent even valid for available homes. Homeowners wont even talk to you much less give the required letters of denial needed for the refund. Its all a scam! Montecito California
This company took my money $199. Knowing that :
1. A refund would never be issued due to the requirements being unable to be met
2. the property listings are old and no longer valid
3. the list of properties given holds a ridiculous amount of duplicate addresses - bedrooms or dollar figures are different- this is done to make it appeasr as if they have many listings when in reality they have few.
4. Just incase someone makes it through the flaming hoops to get a refund, theres a 10% processing fee- which of course is never mentioned at sign-up
I signed up 6/15/2014 - I have received nothing and out $199 - lesson learned
I KNOW there are many others who did this just like me. Can we please get together and shut this company down? They are nothing more than theives
here is a copy of the terms for cancellation :
Notwithstanding any other terms in this Agreement, there are no other Refunds the Company will make other than contained in this "Refund and Cancellation Policy" section of this Agreement.
The Company's refunds and cancellation policy is based on what type of product or service was purchased and is as follows:
All request for refunds or cancellations have to be made in writing via USPS Certified Mail addressed to specified location of Customer Service on Contact Us page of the Web Site. No refund or cancellation will be made unless the Company and the User settle in writing each request for refund or cancellation. All refunds will be issued by check only and sent via USPS Priority mail with signature confirmation. Refund checks will be issued within thirty calendar days of the written agreement between the Company and User and will include a 10% process and handling fee. The check will be addressed to the User's address available to the Company.
Products: In the case of Downloadable Products no refunds will be made once they are purchased. In the case of Shippable Products that shipped to the address supplied by the User, a full refund minus a 10% process and handling fee, of the price paid by the User to purchase the Product, will be made only if the product was damaged in transit and the package received by the User is returned to the Company as directed on the package.
Services: In the case of Services, a full or partial Refund towards the price paid by the User to purchase the Service may be made provided:
1. Requests for refunds will be accepted after 90 days by certified mail. The request must include at least 5 denial letters from the homeowners you have contacted through AmericanStandardOnline.com
2. The Company has, to its sole satisfaction, verified that the delivered Service was materially deficient in providing the Service as stated in its Service Description on the Web Site at the time of Purchase.
3. The verified deficiencies of the delivered Service were not caused by events outside the control of the Company such as slow internet connections, weather, etc
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2015 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-standard-online/montecito-california/american-standard-online-shady-scam-took-me-for-199-no-chance-for-a-refund-due-to-the-1275971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.