X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: CIC Credit Monitoring Service - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Indianapolis Indiana
  • CIC Credit Monitoring Service www.freecreditreport.com Internet U.S.A.

CIC Credit Monitoring Service ripoff falsely advertising "free" credit reports charged me $79.95 Internet

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
After seeing the TV commerical that states you can receive your "free" credit report in minutes from www.freecreditreport.com, I did so, wondering how my new line of credit fared compared to the rest of the world.

I was charged $5.00 (a known service charge) and I received my report (it was not printable and I didn't want to pay the $15 to get the report). Now, it came from Equifax, a reputable company, but this internet company is NOT reputable and must be using the Equifax name improperly.

A month later, my debit card/bank account was charged $79.95 for some sort of "monitoring." DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. There are better and FREE ways to get your credit report. I DEMAND my $79.95 back!

Brooke
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2003 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cic-credit-monitoring-service/internet/cic-credit-monitoring-service-ripoff-falsely-advertising-free-credit-reports-charged-me-46732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair