Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sat, September 08, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2007
  • Reported By: miami Florida
    U.S.A. is in league with the scam/fraud of *WLI Reservation Rewards Internet

*Consumer Comment: CM Contacts: John Uppendahl 425 917 4933...Joanne Pettito 425 917 4927

If you have been the victim of the scam/fraud of Reservations Rewards stealing money out of your bank account or charging your credit card, beware that is a "partner" and they have allowed this to happen. (see postings on ripoff for *WLI Reservation Rewards) I recently complained to when I learned from Reservation Rewards that my personal and financial information was released to them from Classmates because I purportedly clicked yes to some trial crap when I upgraded my Classmates membership. BS. Here is Classmates response:

Thank you for sending us your concerns regarding your experience and the charges to your credit card. According to our records you accepted an offer with one of our partners, Webloyalty, who offers Reservation Rewards.

In response to your communication to us, we will advise Reservation Rewards to cancel and refund (if applicable) your membership immediately. You will receive an email response within 48-72 hours from their customer service team verifying your request.

I understand and appreciate your frustration in trying to understand the billing on your credit card. I'd like to provide you with a little background that may help to explain why this happened. When you completed your Classmates Gold membership purchase or renewal, you were presented with an opportunity to participate in a free trial offer with Reservation Rewards. This offer was presented on its own individual page and included highlighted "Offer Details" and buttons labeled "Yes" and "No Thanks".

In order for your Reservation Rewards membership to be activated you would have had to enter your email address and selected the "Yes" button. By selecting "Yes" you authorized Classmates to provide your information to Reservation Rewards. Immediately above the boxes where you entered your email address is the statement: "By entering my email address as my electronic signature and clicking YES, I have read and agreed to the Offer Details and authorize to securely transfer my name, address and credit or debit card information to Reservation Rewards for billing and benefit processing".

The Offer Details, which were provided next to the "Yes" and "No Thanks" buttons, stated the length of the free trial, auto renewal information, the amount of the subscription fee, as well as a toll free number for cancellation. During the trial membership, Reservation Rewards sent out welcome and billing notification emails to the address you provided so that you may cancel and avoid being billed past the free trial period.

Again, I have requested cancellation and a refund (if applicable) for your subscription with Reservation Rewards. In the meantime, should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Webloyalty's Reservation Rewards customer service team directly by email at or via their toll-free number, 1-800-889-8776.

For more information regarding our Credit Card policy, visit .

Thank you for your membership and participation in the Classmates community.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience. As always, please let me know if I can be of further help.

Classmates Member Care Department

miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2007 06:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

CM Contacts: John Uppendahl 425 917 4933...Joanne Pettito 425 917 4927

AUTHOR: Stewart - (U.S.A.)

CONTACT: Classmates Online, Inc.
Press Contacts: