X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capital Corp - Jacksonville Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Leavenworth Kansas
  • Fairbanks Capital Corp Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Fairbanks Capital Corp ripoff fraudulent ripoff business Jacksonville Florida

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This truely is the company from HELL. We are now purchasing our second home. In June of 2002 our loan was sold to Fairbanks Capital Corp. I have paid several unnecessary fees to this so called business. In October I was in the hospital, this payment was late. I called to let them know the situation and that that my husband had sent the payment.

Believe it or not three weeks later the payment cleared our bank. During this time a person was infront of our home taking pictures. I went out and asked for his information. Guess what he was from Faibanks, taking picts to verify that we still lived in the house. So I (being the smart *** person that I am) got our digital camera and took some picts of him. He didn't appreciate this. Well it back fired, in November we got over $500.00 in unexplained charges. $50.00 for the guy taking picts, $49.99 for a demand letter, $50.00(?) for a corporate advance(I am still waiting on an explaination of this), and several other charges. In November we paid over $2000.00 to Fairbanks.

On December 3rd I sent our Dec. payment with a letter about the charges (they were stapled togather-I even copied it) on Dec. 9th I got a letter stating they got my correspondence. I called my bank, the payment that was stapled to the letter had not cleared. After calling Fairbanks daily and recording the conversations that were usually a screaming match, one of Fairbanks rude employees told me to stop payment on that check and send a new one($25.00fee).

I did this on the 18th of Dec. guess what my bank called me on the 19th and the check was there. I called Faibanks to complain, they were now going to charge me a late fee($25.00) and a $25.00 fee for NSF (I had stopped payment like they asked me to do). I had already sent the other check overnight-certified believe it or not they got it and applied it right away. In January I sent our payement certified they recieved it 4 days prior to posting it to our account. This was the final straw, we contacted a company to refinance our home we are in the process of this.

The new company we are refinancing with has listened to the phone conversations, read the correspondence, and looked at our credit prior to Fairbanks-they called yesterday to say that they may be able to help us get away from this scam company. We had great credit before becoming involved with this ripoff company. I have contacted the company that sold our loan to Fairbanks and filed a complaint with them. Hopefully, they will not sell anymore loans to Fairbanks.

I sent Feburary's payment on the 3rd so lets see how fast they get this one and how long it takes them to post it. I don't want to list our names below-they may decide to not send our payoff info to the new company, they are good and not sending informaion quickly.

Unhappy
Kansas city, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2003 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fairbanks-capital-corp/jacksonville-florida/fairbanks-capital-corp-ripoff-fraudulent-ripoff-business-jacksonville-florida-44476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

FINALLY OUT OF FAIRBANKS

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, February 24, 2003
We just got refinanced. Closed and everything. My account with Fairbanks shows paid in full. However, when our new mortgage company requested the payoff there were several added fees. Imagine that Fairbanks adding fees.

The best advice that I can give is to document everthing, go to a mortgage company and refinance with a new company. Even though Fairbanks had ruined our credit I had documented everthing and turned it over to the new company to prove that Fairbanks was ripping us off.

I also referred the new mortgage company to this site. You may try it what have you got to loose... Good luck to all of you. Fairbanks Capital Corp and it's employees SUCK!!!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair