Complaint Review: Fields Data Recovery - St Louis Missouri

• Fields Data Recovery
    727 North 1st St St.
    St Louis, Missouri
    United States

Fields Data Recovery, This compamy is a scam, total ripoff and a classic case of racketeering. This establishment is a scam. Their actions can be described as manipulative, calculating, conniving and devious to further extort money from me and other unsuspecting customers by utilizing the position and the computer ignorance of gullible and desperate customers who are seeking to recover lost data files. St Louis Missouri

Fields Data Recovery

A big company that preys on its customers and then capitalizes on the ignorance of its customers to extort money, even to the extent of charging international transaction fees whereas the company is based here in the United States.

They had sweet talked me into sending in my inaccessible drive, with promises of free diagnosis and evaluation. They provided excellent customer services from the very first time I spoke to them on the phone to the time they received my drive. I had sent in a 1TB WD passport external hard drive that dropped off the table making the files inaccessible.

Soon after my drive was received, everything changed. No calls or information beyond the one week time frame. I had to call to find out what’s going on. I later got an email stating that they had recovered all my files on the WD, full recovery for $990 (A total of 17,873 recoverable files and 322 folders.). I questioned why they are not telling me how many GB were recovered. This was deceptive, since they want you to think that many files or data were recovered.

They offered same day discount for $770 for people that purchased the same day it was recovered. I quickly paid the $705 to take the deal, thinking that all my files has been recovered as was indicated. After they received my money, they sent me a 16 GB flash drive containing the 4.16 GB of the recovered file and folders. When I accessed the flash drive, more than 90 percent of the so called recovered folders and files were empty or missing. Remember that I sent in a 1TB WD external drive, which contained more than 700 GB of my personal data.

When I called back to complain, the account manager stated that the information was in the email that was sent to me, which was not true as I have copies of all the emails. He wanted me to pay another $990 for them to try to recover some more data. I demanded to know how much data they would recover this time and that they should guarantee me that at least more that than the initial 4.16 GB of data would be recovered if I paid again. He would not guarantee me anything until I paid another $990. My thought process was that, if I continued to pay $990 for less than 5 GB of data recovery from this company, then how much would I have paid them to recover the entire 800 GB on the drive. This company is a scam. Please stay away from them or else they will milk you dry by capitalizing on your ignorance on the computer jargons they will communicate to you and your intent to recover and not loose precious memory and data stored on the drive.

I immediately requested for the return of my original disk. I received it about a week later and sent it out to (((REDACTED))). To my surprise, they recovered the entire 1TB drive and repackaged it into another 1TB drive they sent to me.

Shame on them. New Customers, please beware because their actions can be described as manipulative, calculating, conniving and devious to further extort money from me and other customers by utilizing the position and the computer ignorance of unsuspecting and desperate customers who are seeking to recover lost data files.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2018 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fields-data-recovery/st-louis-missouri-63146/fields-data-recovery-this-compamy-is-a-scam-total-ripoff-and-a-classic-case-of-racketeer-1435315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content