X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: ICON Payment Solutions - Phoenix Arizona

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Portland Oregon
  • ICON Payment Solutions 4811 E. Thistle Drive Ste 110 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Icon Payment Solutions contacted me over the phone to congratulate me on qualifying for "wholesale pricing" on my credit card processing. Intrigued by the offer I set up an appointment with Coby Willcoxson, sales rep. At our first meeting he offered a $39/month lease on a credit card machine, 1.8% processing fee and NO per item charge. WOW! This is great - I am going to SAVE over $200/month on fees.

At our next meeting, the fee for the lease jumped to $59... the processing fee savings would more than offset the $20 increase. Okay, I signed. Curiously, Coby left my small business without providing a copy of the agreement (I do not keep a copy machine at my coffee house). He said he would give me a copy the next day.

Unfortunately I researched ICON Payment Solutions AFTER I signed the contract and found some disturbing posts on the internet. ICON called several times to "activate" my machine. I refused to do so until I received a copy of my contract. The copy never came and I NEVER even plugged in the machine.

I called the leasing company and found out that the contract stated a $74.99 fee (instead of the agreed-to $59.00 fee). I told them I was cancelling the contract and they said the contract was non-cancellable.

Today I noticed an $875.00 debit to my checking account for a "cancellation fee". This contract was attained through fraudulant means and I contend that the contract was never valid. I will be filing with the attorney generals of Oregon and Arizona to alert the public of this ongoing SCAM. Please beware of anyone calling from ICON Payment Solutions - Sean Mecham or Coby Willcoxson in particular. Other companies involved in this scam include the Lease Finance Group in Illinois and SAGE Payment Solutions in Virginia. I am POSITIVE that if the original signed contract ever emerged I could prove that it was ALTERED.

Springcreek
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/icon-payment-solutions/phoenix-arizona-85044/icon-payment-solutions-fraudulant-business-practice-warning-contracts-altered-phoen-423388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
6Consumer
1Employee/Owner

You got to be kidding, Icon has saved thousands on credit card process?

AUTHOR: Ray At Tampabay Merchant Services - (USA)

POSTED: Thursday, June 23, 2011

To the employee Alexandria who states no one is prefect.  As one who works in this industry fighting these bad companies and going behind them and cleaning up the mess, I say to you hog wash.  If your company was just trying save the business owner money on their processing, then why do place leased terminals?  The reason is a big fat commission check.  I see this over and over again.  The sales rep from your company that will never be seen again states to the business owner you are going to save so much money the lease cost nothing.  The fact of the matter the process rates are average at best and I have seen personally the business is not saving anything.  Sometime they end up paying more.  The statement about your rates being guaranteed for 5 years, what are you smoking.  Read your own agreement, section 17.5, . . . we may also increase our fees for service for any reason . . ..  It is unfortunate that we have a company like Icon that has the culture of taking advantage of small business owners.  If you are a business owner that has been burned by Icon, flight them by complaining to local and state consumer agency.  If they get away with it they will continue harming others. Ray with Tampa Bay Merchant Services

Icon is a fraud

AUTHOR: Joanna - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Don't be fooled by these fake posts. The volume of customer complaints speaks for it's self.

Icon has helped thousands save thousands on credit card processing

AUTHOR: Alexandria - (United States of America)

POSTED: Sunday, December 12, 2010

No one is perfect.  You hear about one big complaint, but no one ever writes to tell the truth about how much money they have saved by dealing with a Tier 1 Processor like Icon.  They are true to their word.  The rates are guaranteed for 5 years and the equipment is guaranteed for life!

Obviously you need a contract to secure that relationship.  It's a win - win if your company needs to process Credit cards.

If you need reliable credit card processing, 24 hour customer service and PCI DSS compliance, Icon is the right company for your business.

Keep up the pressure!

AUTHOR: Springcreek - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, September 02, 2010

I was successful in getting an apology letter AND all of my money back.  It took a couple of months and several letters to the Attorney Generals of Arizona, Oregon and Ohio but is was worth it.  I now OWN my terminal (zero monthly fees!) that I purchased for $179 and have a reputable company processing my transactions.

Keep up the pressure - file complaints against ICON with the better business bureau of Phoenix, and the attorney general of Arizona.  These guys will not quit unless put out of business - they are crooks that need to see the inside of a cell.  I have received numerous inquiries in the last year with the same MO (modus operandi) - forging documents, not giving copies at the appointments, etc.  Don't stop the letters until you get results!

#4 General Comment

Beware of Icon Payment solutions

AUTHOR: Bozoniski - (United States of America)

POSTED: Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Everything you read about this company is true. Everything. I am a victim. Stuck with 6600 dollars lease and paid 4.4 percent instead of the 1.69 promised bundled rate. They are thieves. Be very very very careful and run the otherway. Run Run Run.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

collecting evidence / getting my money back

AUTHOR: Richard - (USA)

POSTED: Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Austin, Texas.  See my reports in Ripoffreport about my experience with ICON.

ICON copied my signature from a document I signed and pasted it onto another document I would never have signed...including a cancellation fee the salesperson promised (in writing on the original document) was to be waived.

That same salesperson retained electronic copies of the original documents and provided me with them.  (I want to suggest you contact your salesperson)

I found one signature on the original was the exact signature that appeared on the forged documents three times.  I knew it was faked because I never sign the same way twice.  You probably don't either.

I filed an affidavit of forgery with the police.  And I closed the bank account they had access to.

I took the evidence to the financial companies that ICON provided with access to my bank account.  I got my money returned.

I'm thinking about complaining to PHX Police or the AZ Attorney General.

BTW, my salesperson told me ICON ripped her off as well.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Another Victim with the same cheating

AUTHOR: myloan - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, December 04, 2009

Hei, guy...It happened to me the same technic and same scam artist...are you ready for a law suit....let me in...I got my attorney working on it....don't worry..I 've been working hard for the business survivor...and I will work hard for this too...they think they smarter than the other that they cheated...let get together..thanks..look at the report I just posted today...

Work in the Industry and I always hear the horror stories!!!

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, February 19, 2009

I work for a credit card processor (not the one mentioned) and we use the same techniques and marketing tools as ICON. When a processor has an abundance of good quality merchants, they are able to get cheaper buy rates from the platform bank they are associated with. This actually is legit when they call you and say your up for wholesale review. I read a lot of businesses who write a horror story about the experiences with a company in our industry. I think it is just a mixture of not reading everything correctly and having buyer's remorse. Some of the best sales people in the world are account executives and I think business owner's just get closed and think about it the next day and want to cancel. I understand completely where you are coming from and sympathize with you, but if you can only see what the processor does on the back end to make everyone of their merchants happy and processing. The only bad things I read about this company is on 800 notes.com which is a whine line for people who hate telemarketing calls. Of course you are going to have crabby people on there. Hell Wal-Mart has complaints!!! I think that there is two sides to every story and most of the time, the one side is the only one that is heard.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair