Complaint Review: Johnson & Mark, LLC - OR Newberg
Johnson & Mark, LLC A law firm that has a fake office that practices law in another state OR Newberg
*Author of original report: Address for lawfirm in Oregon
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I want to hear from Oregon residents that have been served by Johnson & Mark, LLC who have noticed either of the following situations:
1) Returned certifed mail that hasn't been deliverable to the Newberg office.
2) Court cases that have been heard via Skype (attorney for Johnson & Mark wasn't physically present in courtroom)
Based on these situations, there may be some media attention being brought into this Utah based law firm operating a vacant office in Newberg that doesn't employ anyone to work or operate out of and how Oregon law has to be changed to keep a law firm that is operating as a boileroom operation from trying cases on it's own residents while missing an opportunity to collect on state income taxes.
Johnson & Mark may surprise you with a summons thanks to the better enconomic conditons that happened because you recently applied for credit from a case you may have forgotten about or in my situation, a case that went in their favor base do defualt (even though they didn't have a valid contract in writing for the credit card they represented).
It is probably to the best interest of the Oregon Bar Associtation to lobby in Salem to keep these law firms from practicing cases like this that many other states would allow to be submitted into thier due to the lack of accountability and other ethical concerns. Since there is a pattern of a few states that have submitted complaints about this company on this thread, it would appear that few states have tollerated some disturbing legal practices (when it comes to representation) while others have not.
There may be some benefit to Oregon county offices making money off of court costs and filing fees for hearing cases that lack accountability for the plaintif since they are not in the courtroom in person and have even taken it upon themselves to collect the debt a well (some states wouldn't allow it).
The best way to keep this thread from growing on Oregon cases is to do the following:
1. Get an attorney
2. Don't default on a judgement even if the case is incomplete.
3. If they don't have the official contract with your signature on it, report them to Oregon Consumer Affairs.
4. Write to the Oregon Bar Association about what happened. Include all details in how Johnson & Mark handled the case from the return address to the way the case was head from an attorney on a Skype call.
5. Write to your state representative about how changes need to be made on how Oregon hears cases from out of state law firms that have little or no representation at the local level.
This law firm collects debt from junk bonds that were a part of the 2009 recession. It's in the past where it shoud stay
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2018 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/johnson-mark-llc/or-newberg-97132/johnson-mark-llc-a-law-firm-that-has-a-fake-office-that-practices-law-in-another-state-1452933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.