Complaint Review: NETFLIX - Los Gatos California

• NETFLIX
    100 Winchester circle
    Los Gatos, California
    United States

NETFLIX NETFLIX They have been charging me TWICE on 2 different credit cards for years... Los Gatos California

*Author of original report: Never did I sign up for 2 accounts

*Consumer Comment: False accusation of a rip-off

I have filed this on other web sites  to help prevent this practice happening   I am one person with one name I have two different emails with my name one with msn and another with charter.  I have many credit cards.  This company does billing off of email addresses and any credit cards you may have that are good.  They somehow managed to get both my email addresses with my name in it and three of my card numbers and proceeded to bill me on a barclay bank, a chase card and a capital one card.  I am the owner of one home with three tvs  I only need one netflix account BUT they charged me since 2014 for 2 accounts and when calling their service center DID nothing other than give me a free month of service and cancel one of the accounts.  They would not refund the $400 they owe me for the 2nd account.  The person tried to convince me that some people have 2 accounts for one address---which makes no sense at all to me.  I have not written corporate yet but plan too.

My chase card has stepped in and credited me for the NETFLIX rip off  and hopefully will resolve it with them and make them pay it back.  Their billing is actually stubit---rather than using a persons name and one address apparently they use your email addresses and credit cards and they figure you authorized multiple accounts.  When they actually should verify this with the person owning the credit cards.  This slipped under my radar because one banks statements were just on the web--so I never reviewed them---Now I always ask for paper statements from every bank.... Capital one has charges from 2011 to netflix for 17.23 for 2 months which I never authorized but again I never saw statements until recently on the web.  Now I am bringing this to their attention.  I hope this helps other consumers out there to be wary of this companys business and billing practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2018 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/netflix/los-gatos-california-95032/netflix-netflix-they-have-been-charging-me-twice-on-2-different-credit-cards-for-years-1422256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Never did I sign up for 2 accounts

AUTHOR: steve - (United States)

I never signed up for 2 accounts....If you got that idea from my notes I must have written it wrong.   2 accounts means you are asking for 2 accounts not one.  Never did I ask for 2 accounts.  I did a trial once with one credit card then when they went to bill me I gave them a different card by mistake . Also may have given them my other email by mistake since they already had a email and card from me...Then ON THEIR OWN they proceeded to bill me twice without my knowledge.  This has been going on for years from this company--- just look on the internet and will find hundreds of other consumers this has happened too..I am not the only one..I am maybe one of the only ones speaking up...But I did find many many more people this has happened to in one way or another.

False accusation of a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - (United States)

It isn’t uncommon for someone to have more than one account. A customer may be paying for someone else’s use of the service. I have a friend that pays for her daughter’s Netflix account but she lives in a different city. Hence, they have two accounts being billed to one address. The address on record is the credit card billing address and doesn’t necessarily reflect the address that uses the service.

You signed up for two accounts. Netflix did nothing wrong. They billed you as requested. There was no rip-off.