X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Jan O. — Mid Michigan
  • OCWEN Internet, Select State/Province USA

OCWEN Wont refund overpayment of payoff, processed ACH payment after loan was paid off, Run a round from Customer Service.  Internet

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

OCWEN advanced the maturity date on my HELOC by 20 years!  They took over GMAC Mortgage loans.  All my payments have been on time and I have paid extra on the priciple each month.

When attempting to refinance with my credit union, OCWEN would not provide any information on the payoff to the loan officer even after receiving the authorization paperwork.  It took nearly 3 weeks to finally get a payoff amount from them.  Both myself and my loan officer placed several phone calls to them trying to determine what was needed.  They will not call you.

My loan was paid off in October.  I received an email confirming the payoff was received.  OCWEN processed a subsequent ACH payment after the loan was paid off!!  After 4 calls and much arguement they agreed to process a wire transfer in order to refund the erroneous payment.

5 days later the wire transfer was not completed.  They can tell me I have a credit balance on the account, however they could not tell me if the balance shown is an overpayement on the payoff or if it is the sum of the overpayment of the payoff plus the additional payment they processed.???

The rep said an email was sent to the cashier department for clarification on the balance and the refund.  It will take 2-3 days AND I have to call them back to find out what was determined!!

There is only one customer service number and after three phones calls, I have never been given the same info twice.  I was told by one rep that they take 30-60 days to process the approval for refunds.

I was told I will have to provide a written request to close the account.  Also request a lein release in writing.

OCWEN has shoddy practices and extremely poor customer service.  I am going to write a complaint to the court which ordered the transfer of GMAC Mortgages to OCWEN for servicing so they will be aware of the problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2013 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ocwen/internet-select-stateprovince/ocwen-wont-refund-overpayment-of-payoff-processed-ach-payment-after-loan-was-paid-off-r-1099381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair