X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: angryconsumer — East Lansing United States of America
  • SEARS 3131 E Michigan Ave. Lansing, Michigan United States of America

SEARS SEARS matress warranty is RIDICULOUS. You can't sit on their matress! Lansing, Michigan

I bought a Sealy mattress from Sears. Within a few months I noticed a defect on one side of the bed. If I sat there, the whole side would sink and pop out. This would make rotating the matress impossible, since my head would sink when I slept.

I went to Sears, with all paperwork, to arrange a replacement. They told me my warranty was void since I never bought a box spring with it. The salesperson who sold me the matress never mentioned this to me. I expressed my disagreement and was put on the phone with the warranty dept.

The warranty dept. told me to call from home to arrange a drop-off of a new replacement matress and pick-up of the old.

I did this and was told my warranty was void. The warranty rep told me that since the defect was on the "edge" of the matress, they would not cover it. I asked what exactly the legal definition of "edge" is in their warranty, was it 1mm from the outside edge or 8 inches? She did not know what "edge" meant and had no way of finding out.

She also told me in order to preserve the Sears warranty, a person cannot:

1. Sit on the matress.

2. Be involved in other physical activities (read: SEX).

3. Must be used with a boxspring bought at he same time as the matress and sme brand.

(Why does the tag on the matress say :TO BE USED WITH OR WITHOUT A FOUNDATION)

4. Must be rotated every x amount of weeks. (I tried to explain that I couldn't do thjis because of the damage. She insisted I had to do it)

So, upon talking to a supervisor, he agreed that "edges" weren't covered, but he had no idea what that meant OR how to find out. He asked me to take a picture of the defect and of the boxspring tag. He would send an email with instructions.

Upon reading the emailed instructions, I was in disbelief. They ask me to set up an engineering specs lab with right angles and protrusion calipers to properly ascertain exact increments of defect and then send pics.

What if I don't have a camera?

Sears....I'm furious with your shoddy commitment to customer satisfaction and will not make purchases from your store in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2010 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears/lansing-michigan-48912/sears-sears-matress-warranty-is-ridiculous-you-cant-sit-on-their-matress-lansing-mich-611203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content