X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Staples - New York New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: New York City New York
  • Staples Broadway New York, New York U.S.A.

Staples REBATE Epson Printer-Copier ripoff New York New York

I never trusted rebates, but since Staples boasts a special rebate website I thought it was reputable. I purchased an Epson color printer/ color copier. It Makes PERFECT color copies. So I printed out the forms from the web on my new Epson. Colored copied ALL the receipts and placed the box right on the scanner for a EXACT Sharp copy of the UPC bar code.

I stapled all documents together so nothing would get lost. I mailed and waited. In 3 weeks I received a pre-printed post card claiming that the UPC bar code was missing. I have a printed copy of the form that states "Original or Copy of Bar Code" is acceptable.
I will resubmit with certified letter and duplicates. But I know they are stalling because I received a deadline.

I will post results.

All mail-in REBATES should be banned as false advertising, I have never gotten one.

Virginia
New York City, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2003 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/staples/new-york-new-york-10024/staples-rebate-epson-printer-copier-ripoff-new-york-new-york-68576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair