X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Tupperware - Orlando Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Orlando Florida
  • Tupperware 14901 S. Orange Blossom Trail Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I signed up to be an Independent Consultant in August 2007. However, after a few weeks I decided it was not for me since no one I knew was interested in buying. When I contacted Customer Care to ask about a refund of my sales kit, I was informed that the company does not refund the purchase of the sales kit! However, per the Consultant Agreement,

"If I give notice of my intention to terminate my status as a Consultant, Company will buy back from me current, unused Tupperware products and sales aids which I purchased within the preceding 12 months that are in the original packaging at a price which is not less than 90% of the price I paid for such products and sales aids. The amount of any bonuses paid to me in connection with the original purchase and any indebtedness owed by me to the Company will be deducted from the buy back amount. The Company may also deduct from the buy back amount any published restocking fee on such inventory repurchases. This buy back option may be initiated by either
me or the Company."

The customer care rep (who barely understood English, since their Customer Care reps are in India) said that the sales kit is excluded from the buyback.

I am now stuck with the kit and out $100 bucks!! If you are thinking of selling Tupperware, please be sure that people will buy it from you, and know that if you change your mind, you've lost money and are stuck with the kit.

Jane
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2007 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tupperware/orlando-florida-32837/tupperware-will-not-refund-purchase-of-executive-sales-kit-orlando-florida-277588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Interesting.

AUTHOR: Roberta K Young - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, August 26, 2008
With such a formidable IQ, how come you didn't figure Tupperware to be unsaleable with all of the disposable type container products which are undoubtedly kicking Tupperware's behind? I don't have your background in education or an IQ that approaches yours, but I knew that. Funny, I also noticed that even schoolteachers fail to read and follow directions. LOL. Keep your degree, it seems to relieve you of a lot of cash.

Come on out a $100 You got over $500 worth of Tupperware in your kit

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, August 25, 2008
I have been with Tupperware just over a year. I understand you are unset that no one you knew would buy Tupperware from you but you had to have like Tupperware yourself or you wouldn't of signed up to sell it. Your kit was a $100 yes but it had over $500 worth of tupperware in it. You could easily make your money back buy selling what you don't want on ebay or keep it to use. I have found in the year I have been selling tupperware it's those that don't really try to work the business are the ones who complain if you got out there and tried to date a party or talk to someone other then your family and friends you may have gone far with Tupperware. I hope you are enjoying the $500 worth of Tupperware you got in your kit for a low price.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

DSA rules

AUTHOR: Beth - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, October 27, 2007
Tupperware is a member of the DSA. Have you looked into their rules?

dsa.org/ethics/sellers/

dsa.org/ethics/code/

In your agreement with Tupperware, what did they say they would buy-back? Does it say the kit or not? If it doesn't say that the kit is not included, you have a case.

I do have my facts straight.. so you are attacking me because...?

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, October 21, 2007
Tallulah,

First of all, I think you should get YOUR facts straight. Per an article from MSN Encarta:

"According to the national census of India, 114 languages and 216 dialects are spoken in the country. Eighteen Indian languages, plus English, have been given official status by the federal or state governments. Hindi is the main language of more than 40 percent of the population. No single language other than Hindi can claim speakers among even 10 percent of the total population. Hindi was therefore made India's official language in 1965. English, which was associated with British rule, was retained as an option for official use because some non-Hindi speakers, particularly in Tamil Ndu, opposed the official use of Hindi. English is spoken by as many as 5 percent of Indians, and various Dravidian languages are spoken by about 25 percent." Citation: "India," Microsoft Encarta Online Encyclopedia 2007 http://encarta.msn.com 1997-2007 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

To make a long story short, while English is an official language, Hindi is the main language. The customer service rep may have learned English as a second language in order to obtain employment. Her name is "Paige", why don't you call her and ask which language she speaks primarily?

Secondly, your lashing out at me, saying that I "have a lot of trouble understanding basic concepts" shows that you are a typical MLM "sheep", with a blind devotion to, and cult-like worship of, your particular MLM/party plan company. I have seen it many times. You and your ilk will immediately lash out and attack anyone who DARES to say anything negative regarding your MLM company. I feel sorry for you. You may want to check out an informative site called "MLM-The Truth" (google it).

Oh and for your information, I maintained a 4.0 GPA in college, and have an IQ of 140.

Care to continue your attack?

Jane

Get your facts straight

AUTHOR: Tallulah-phoebe - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, October 08, 2007
Tupperware will buy back PRODUCTS -- not your sales kit. By "products," they mean extra Tupperware merchandise that you bought with the intention of re-selling to others. Your sales kit is an extra item that you are required to buy when you become a representative, and it is nonrefundable.

Why would you jump into a Tupperware career without first analyzing your potential market (i.e., individuals who would be willing to buy your products)? Your failure to do adequate research and then be stuck with Tupperware products that "no one is willing to buy" is NOT Tupperware's fault, nor is it adequate reason for the company to make an exception to the rules.

Would you care to explain how the woman in India could "barely understand English" when English is the language spoken in India??

It sounds like you have a lot of trouble understanding basic concepts. Perhaps it is good that you chose to end your Tupperware career as quickly as you did.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair