X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Here is my story of being ripped off from VendStar.

I began working with Vendstar about a year ago and it was at about month 4 I realized how difficult this would be to make real money. That was not the case when I asked Barry Stern the question Can I make money in this business? He told me basically that it would be very simple and would take very little of your time.

First of all the initial investment of $14,995 was a bit extreme, but I was told it would be worth it. HA! Then I purchased the 50 machine package with the idea that each machine would bring in on average of $30 - 50 a month when placed by the "expert locating service". I spent another $2000+ for that.

Before I joined, Barry Stern told this service was very inexpensive. Another Lie.

The representative made it sound like you would triple your initial investment within the first year...more lies!

Most of the units only brought me an average of $2-4.50 a month, mainly because APS placed the in the worst spots. Almost like I was SET UP TO FAIL. Since I have never been a salesman I thought it would be better to have professionals place them for me. I use the word "professional" loosely.

Oh yeah, and as for their assistance. Well, the Operator manual that they give is junk. Maybe I will use it to hold up the crappy machines I have.

Also, has anyone checked them on the BBB, they have 16 complaints. I am going to be #17.

I have tried to contact Barry Stern again, but he will not return my calls. Wonder why. Guess he knew it was a scam all along! I wonder what Ned Weaver, President & CEO, would say about this, if there really is a Ned Weaver

R NY, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2004 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vendstar/deer-park-new-york/vendstar-multivend-llc-ripoff-deer-park-new-york-111830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Yes, I exist

AUTHOR: Ned Weaver - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, October 22, 2004
Greetings. Although I detest public chat rooms and forums because anonymity allows for deception, I thought it was necessary to respond to your statements.

First, my name is Ned Weaver and I am President and CEO of Vendstar.

Second, you mentioned that you began working with us and, specifically, Barry Stern about one year ago. If fact, Barry Stern was not selling Vendstars one year ago.

Third, the problems you are having with the machines producing money are due to locations. Specifically, you mentioned APS. It seems natural to me that you would take issue with them as opposed to our company which is the manufacturer and supplier of these machines.

Fourth, your posting says you are from Solsville, NY. We have scoured our records and in our entire 14 years of existence, we do not have a record of a customer in Solsville, NY. Because it seems you are insistent on attempting to discredit our name, feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair