Complaint Review: City Furniture - Tamarac FL
City Furniture Holding Refund Hostage Tamarac FL
- October 2020- purchase in the amount of $500 with visa debit card AND gift cards (scheduled delivery date 12/26)
- December 26, 2020- was out of the country and had a friend stay at my place to receive the delivery which never came, call customer care because your phone number wasn't readily available on your email signature. Was informed that order had been delayed to February possibly. I expressed my disappointment with the lack of communication about the change. No call, text or email from my sales person or anyone from City Furniture for that matter to advise of the change.
- January 2021- I call customer care to advise them that I have moved and need to update my address. Customer Care is unable to help me because only sales can make that change, however sales person isn't available so they take my new address and say they will pass it along.
- February 7, 2021- I receive a text message about an upcoming delivery and get really excited only to learn that it's going to my old address! I spoke the sales person and expressed my frustration with the process, he were apologetic and stated he never got that information from Customer Care (not your fault) and that would update it. He called me back later that same day to tell me that the item came in damaged and I'd have to wait until March to get another one. I effusively explained how this experience had left me with little confidence that I would receive the item and just wanted my money back to find an alternative item because I needed it sooner. He emailed me indicating that the refund was returned to my bank and would take 7-10 business days.
- February 25, 2021- Seeing how it was 10+ days and Wells Fargo stated there were no pending transaction, I called the sales person at the number listed in your email only to learn that you are now in Corporate Sales and needed to find him at another number. When I called the right number I learned that he was off however one of his colleagues was able to look into my account and inform me that the refund was actually processed via check and sent to my old address. Unfortunately all he could do was inform me and I would have to once again call Customer Care for further assistance. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with them going back and forth on this (spoke to 3 people) only to learn that "accounting will have to mail me another check in 7-10 business days).
City Furniture has now had my money for 5 months with zero merchandise in return and because of internal communication failures and all they say "sorry, you'll have to be patient". Not quite sure how much more patient City Furniture expects me to be when I've been waiting 30 days for my money with no clue or confidence when I might actually get it back. Living in an age of technology where payments can be made instantly on line and through apps the concept of refunding money in 7-10 business days sounds less than convenient for the customer, especially as City Furniture didn't wait 7-10 days to collect payment when I made the purchase.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2021 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/city-furniture/tamarac-fl-holding-refund-1505852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.