X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Tonya armitage — hopkinsville Kentucky
  • cricket wireless Nationwide USA

cricket wireless and Ybuy Cheated and lied to make a sell. Hopkinsville, ky. Kentucky

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I believe cricket wireless and ybuy scammed me in order to make a sell. I went in the store here in hopkinsville, Kentucky to purchase 3 phones. I was never once informed that the old phone, which was new phones to us, would not work on the new cricket in 2015.

I put the phones on the ybuy plan, because I can't afford to pay out of pocket for 3 phones. Me and my kids were so excited, these are our first nice phones. Well needless to say our phones started sending us messages and running slow etc etc. I went down to cricket that's when I found out that the 3 phones I just purchased months before, would not be compatible with the new cricket.

I spoke to the same girl who sold me the phones, and all she said was " yes its not fair but your not alone everyone who has old cricket phones will half to buy new ones." I told her I am on ybuy these phones aren't even paid off. So I am unable to turn these in on new cheaper phones because I owed on these phones.

I waited several months so I could pay off these phones. I go back into cricket to try again to swap these phones for phones way cheaper than ones I have, to be told there was an issue with my ybuy. Me and the manager of cricket both talked to ybuy. First they said I have outstanding balance of 95 dollars. When I explained that I didn't they gave us the run around and then windled it down to some kind of early pay off of 1.92. Ten managers later they finally said you owe nothing but it'll take 48 hours to clear your account.

I go back in to cricket after the requested 48 hours, for them to say it hadn't been cleared yet to give them another 48 hours. I gave them a week, because I work, have kids, I can't spend all my time in a cricket store. I go back to store and nothing has been fixed on my account, my account was added too, now they say that I owe 128 dollars to close the account.

I am a mother who works pay check to pay check, I paid over 3000$ on 3 phones through cricket ybuy because I can't afford to pay out of pocket. I am now being told that after the first of year I can no longer us these 3 new phones or trade them in due to an magically balance of 128.

I believe cricket should not have been selling old cricket phones this last year to unsuspecting customers. I wonder how many people who purchased phones within this last year, whose phones now will no longer work on the new cricket.

So to make long story short, I have 3 useless expensive phones that after 1st of year me and my kids will no longer be able to use. So back to no phones for us. Thank you Cricket for screwing this mom and her 2 kids. Merry freaking Christmas to us.

I believe cricket should reimburse for phones purchased in last year. I am a customer who did her part, did everything I was asked to do. I purchased phones, I purchased a plan, I paid both every month straight from my checking account. I should not be having to go through this and in end me and my kids are just screwed and cricket dosent have to compensate for anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2014 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cricket-wireless/nationwide/cricket-wireless-and-ybuy-cheated-and-lied-to-make-a-sell-hopkinsville-ky-kentucky-1194931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair