Complaint Review: DISH NETWORK - Nationwide

• DISH NETWORK
    www.dishnetwork.com
    Nationwide

DISH NETWORK LIES FRAUD AND FALSE ADVERTISING Littleton Colorado

I despise Dish Network! They should be sued for fraud and false advertising. I responded to an advertisement I received in the mail that said I would receive TWO high def receivers, a DVR, and three months of HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax. I still have this offer as proof. Know what I got? One high def receiver, no DVR and three months of Starz. The installation people had no clue that I was supposed to receive two high def receivers or a DVR.

When I called to see when I would get another high def receiver, they reviewed my account and found that I was eligible for another one for only $199! Why should I pay more for something they were contractually obligated to give me in the first place? I still have this e-mail as proof, too. I was unable to watch the high def channels, for which I was paying $20 extra a month, on my bedroom TV for the entire 18 months I suffered through their service.

Like so many others, I have other complaints regarding Dish Network: charging my credit card twice, raising rates without notice, lousy customer service, etc. I nominate them as the most poorly run company in the United States. Its a mystery to me how they manage to stay in business.

For anyone looking into satellite TV, go with Directv. I was with them before I moved and had the disastrous Dish Network experience, and now Im so grateful to be back with them. At least they dont lie to me. Avoid Dish Network at all costs!

Ihatedish
Greer, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2007 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dish-network/nationwide/dish-network-lies-fraud-and-false-advertising-littleton-colorado-289561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content