Complaint Review: First National Credit Card - Sioux Falls South Dakota

• First National Credit Card
    PO Box 5097
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    USA

First National Credit Card, First National Bank, Legacy Visa Not Legitimate Sioux Falls South Dakota

I obtained a line of credit from First National Bank of Ft. Pierre, SD under the name Legacy Visa or First National Credit Card, in an attempt to rebuild my credit.  I scheduled an automatic payment for the date my payment was due through the banking website ,firstnationalcc.com.  I received an email confirmation of said payment.  Come May 16th, instead of processing my payment, they charged me a late of $25.00.  I could find no record on my account of my payment, but their system would not allow me to make another payment, claiming two payments can not be scheduled for the same day.  Even if I hadn't scheduled an automatic payment, this bank did not even wait until the due date of my payment had passed before charging me a late fee on my account.  I attempted to call them during their so called business hours, but(and conveniently for them) was unsuccessful in reaching a representative.  Seems to me as if this bank, or whatever it is, takes advantage of people with impaired credit and imposes fraudulent charges in order to turn a profit.  Late payments are usually reported to credit agancies rather quickly, and the actions of this banking institution with regards to my payment will now further damage my credit.  Please do not give this company your business.  This is quite obviously some kind of fraudulent business, one that now has my banking info and a choke hold on my credit rating.  I've filed a report with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a goverment service for consumers who have been taken advantage of.  Anyone who has had a similar issue with First National Bank of SD should do the same.  consumerfinance.gov.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2015 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-national-credit-card/sioux-falls-south-dakota-57117-5097/first-national-credit-card-first-national-bank-legacy-visa-not-legitimate-sioux-falls-s-1229677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content