X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: HouseValues.com - Washington

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Sherman Oaks California
  • HouseValues.com Washington U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-450-0088
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

HouseValues.com - Just Listed ripoff, breach of contract, run around, fraud, Washington

*Consumer Comment: A Friend of EX Housevalues Employee

*Consumer Suggestion: House Values can be a Ripoff

I too was duped by the persuasive tactics of the HouseValues.com sales people. My father and I were very apprehensive about signing up for any program where a contract is required so we asked many questions and spent a lot of time before we decided to make the purchase.

We were very up front in telling them that we work in an exclusive market and are interested only in clients that meet our criteria. The sales lady promised us the moon saying that the company spends lots of money qualifying leads on their end so we are left with a good quality lead on our end. Boy how wrong that was!

Once they have your money the whole tone of the company switches. The good quality leads never came and the whole tone of the company changes from providing quality clients to providing leads that need to be cultivated and coddled.

After many attempts to end my contract because they failed to provide me with the number of leads I am paying for I am still at an impasse. My next step is to contact the state Attorney General and let them know of my problem which is apparently not uncommon.

John
Sherman Oaks, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2005 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/housevaluescom/washington-12345/housevaluescom-just-listed-ripoff-breach-of-contract-run-around-fraud-washington-141535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

A Friend of EX Housevalues Employee

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, May 28, 2005
NOT SURPRISED. A good friend of mine quit working there because he/she didn't like the fact that in their training they were TOLD TO LIE to get the sale. This person was transfered to another department. The other department was the cancellation dept. This person could bare to hear the real estate agents trying to get their money back due to the lies. This person quit the company. Just FYI...

#1 Consumer Suggestion

House Values can be a Ripoff

AUTHOR: Skip - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 04, 2005
I am assuming you are a real estate agent, since house values has probably sold you a zip code.
This company was pretty good when they started, but they have been sold and the quality of their leads is slipping. They also probably told you you've got to "work the program" to succeed.
What a bunch of BS. On a real estate list serve I subscribe to I have literally read hundreds of complaints about the quantity and quality of HV leads.

Most of them are people trying to refi or set up equity lines and they need some kind of value to bring to their bank. Most don't read the disclaimer when they sign up and get real upset when called by a real estate professional.
If they promised you a certain number leads, and they haven't, insist they cancel the agreement. These people prey on folks like yourself who are trying to make a living in real estate.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair