Complaint Review: MediaCom Cable - Springfield Missouri

United States
  • Phone: 855-633-4226
  • Web:
  • Category: internet

MediaCom Cable Mediacom never installed my internet, charged me and won't refund. Springfield Missouri

Horrible experience with Mediacom. Paid for new service and after waiting for the tech who was 4 hours late, he finally showed up at 8:30pm and was unprofessional and tracked mud into my house. He left right in the middle of activation of my internet service and claimed that it would work after he left. The service never came online. I called 3 times and put over 6 hours into trying to get the internet working with my home network. It never happened. I was hung up on once by an indian man who I'd assume is in the service dept.

After dealing with this and never even receiving Mediacom's service, I called and tried to cancel and receive a FULL refund per their money-back guarentee. They will only refund for the first month of service, and will not refund me my activation fee and installation which NEVER HAPPENED. I don't know how to rectify this after 2 phone calls to Mediacom. What's even better, is they "only send refunds once a month" so it will take 4-6 weeks before I'll see any of my money back.

Absolute rip-off. Do NOT go with Mediacom, there are very good reasons why you see so many bad reviews online about them. I thought I'd get lucky. I was very wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2018 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mediacom-cable/springfield-missouri-65804/mediacom-cable-mediacom-never-installed-my-internet-charged-me-and-wont-refund-springf-1451373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content