X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Superpages.com - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Joliet Illinois
  • Superpages.com superpages.com Internet U.S.A.

Superpages.com Deceptive Advertising, Lying Salesmen, No one knows about the 12 month contract when they Verbally agree to terms Nationwide Internet

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Superpages.com, a well known company advertised on the television all the time. Looks great, but wait until you actually use them to advertise your business!

We signed up to advertise with their "sister company" Yellow Pages, the well known phone book company. We met with the salesman who went over numbers, and everything we needed to know. We signed an actual contract and received a copy of it at that meeting. He told us about superpages.com and that he can have someone contact us with more about it because it was a separate entity that he did not deal with. He did warn us about the excessive clicking that goes on with the site though, since those who advertise on there are charged by the click.

A few days later we received a call from a sales representitive named Henry who told my husband about the website, and that he would be able to cancel at anytime if not satisfied. That was back in January. We were given February, March, and April for "free" as a trial, and that we could cancel after that. Which is untrue.

On May 1st we were charged 138.00 for their services. In the 5 months with them, my husband got one job for $500.00, so lets see, after taxes, and the $138.00 paid to superpages, yeah, he made enough to support us... My husband called them back to cancel with them because we had not gotten enough calls in those months we were with them.

He talked to a customer service representative who said she would get back to him in 5-12 business days to let him know if the manager would let him cancel or the reason he could not cancel. We never received a call in the time frame given, so my husband called them back today (5-30) and was told he could not cancel because he verbally aggreed to the terms of the contract which are recorded, even though the salesman said he would be able to cancel and should have no problem.

Of course that part is not recorded. If it was, hey that might make it fair to the customer and we can't have that! Not only did we not get anything in writing to what we "signed" with the 3rd party aggreement, we did not get ANYTHING in the mail stating the terms of a "contract" that we aggreed too. We were told if we wanted to cancel we needed to pay the 12 months up front. Yeah, ok thats gonna happen!

I worked in advertising for a very well known company that advertises homes for sale by owner. I know how to manipulate a website very easily, and that it is just as easy to remove an ad. We NEVER have verbal agreements! We give our customers copies of the contracts that THEY SIGN in person with sales people. It seems unfair that a company can do these types of practices.

I think letting ANY company large or small use verbal aggreements is deceptive. A salesman can say anything over the phone and record what he wants, but we have NO power to back us up when we are wronged. I don't care how large the corporation. Look at Enron. EVERY company can be crooked.

It makes me sick to my stomach, and I cried for awhile about this. I am 7 months pregnant, and not only do we need to take care of all our medical bills out of our pocket, we are now supposed to pay the up to $220.00 fees to this website monthly.

I wish the company were more truthful in their sales practices, not that they care what we are paying, or what may be going on in our lives, but that they make their own money. This is a sad day and age. I wish someone would investigate the company and several like these who have verbal contracts. Who is going to monitor them?

Mary
Joliet, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2007 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/superpagescom/internet/superpagescom-deceptive-advertising-lying-salesmen-no-one-knows-about-the-12-month-cont-251175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair