Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

P O Box 98873
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    USA

Credit One Bank Credit One Scam Las Vegas Nevada

I receved an offer from Credit One Bank for a credit card. I actually thought it wws Capital One, because Credit One's logo is very similar to Capital One. The letter stated that I was being offered a credit limit between $3000 and $5000 with no fees, so I applied online.  I prefer low limit creidt cards.  Credit One is the first to send me an offer below $10,000,

When I received the notice that I had been approved, it was for $300 with a $75 annual fee!  The notice then went on to say my new account would help to rebuild my credit.  I don't need to rebuild my credit.  My credit score just four months ago was 793.  Concerned, I immeditately pulled my credit report to find that my score was over 800!

I called Credit One and canceled (closed) the account and the girl insisted that it would help me to rebuild my credit.  Really?!!!  Amazing! I had to insist the account be closed.  I asked for some type of confirmation code that the account had been closed and she told me they do not provide one, but I would get a letter in the mail.

I get the letter and it's telling me I have a $75 balance!  I called them again and was told I had no balance since I did not activate the card. Be very careful.  Some credit card companies are a complete scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/credit-one-bank/las-vegas-nevada-89193-8873/credit-one-bank-credit-one-scam-las-vegas-nevada-1139258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content