Complaint Review: Flatrate Moving - Los Angeles California

• Flatrate Moving
    7959 S Paramount Blvd
    Los Angeles, California
    United States

Flatrate Moving Flatrate Moving If I could give this company a negative 5 ***** I would. DO NOT BOOK THIS COMPANY...... Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: You Have One Problem

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Movers arrived 2 hours late to pick up my stuff in NYC. They were supposed to be done by 1PM and were not done until 3PM so I ended up missing a flight that night. I only received $100 for the movers being late and missing a $600 flight to LA.

After multiple attempts to get an ETA on my stuff I finally was given a window that was way off from my original estimate. The sales team assured me the my stuff would arrive within the quoted window and not the different window that was provided after the fact.

The movers did not show up during the window that was confirmed with me 2 days ago. They missed both windows that I was given as a matter of fact. I have no idea where my stuff is and I can't get ahold of anyone at the company who can tell me where my stuff is and when the movers will arrive.

If there were negative stars I would give this company negative infinity. Do not use this company. Very unreliable and extremely poor communication. The worst moving experience I have ever had after many moves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2018 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/flatrate-moving/los-angeles-california-90660/flatrate-moving-flatrate-moving-if-i-could-give-this-company-a-negative-5-i-would-1464034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

You Have One Problem

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States)

They were supposed to be done by 1PM and were not done until 3PM so I ended up missing a flight that night. I only received $100 for the movers being late and missing a $600 flight to LA.  That's way too tight a schedule for a NYC move - you should not have scheduled a move, and then a flight that night.  So yeah, claiming you lost out on a $600 flight is on you - not the mover.  Even if a mover tells you that you could have made the flight...making it out to JFK from the city at 2pm or 3pm (if they were actually on time) would have been hard for an evening flight.  Assuming all goes on time with a move is a bad assumption to make - be it in NYC, or anywhere.

You don't indicate when the move was, the origin or destination, the delivery window was, or the updated window.  You only provided the fact you were in NYC and had to go to LA; if those are the origin and destination points, then you should know from experience a move from NYC to LA does take time, and if the move happened in October, then many truckers who have working all summer with no break, begin taking vacations soon after the summer months are completed.  So I can see a mover having staffing issues with a move like yours in October.  I mean they should know where your stuff is, but I can see them having issues with the delivery window in October....  They'll probably pay you a delay claim once they do finally deliver....  A mover in this situation should absolutely be more upfront with you regarding delivery.

Best of luck to you...