X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Kay Jewelers - Coral Springs Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Boca Raton Florida
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Kay Jewelers Coral Square Mall Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Kay Jewelers Will steal your high quality diamonds and replace them with flawed ones. Coral Springs Florida

*Author of original report: Taking Kay to court!

*Author of original report: Kay Jewelers Stole my diamond update!!!!!

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

On 1/4/08 my wife went to the Kay Jewelers in Coral Square Mall. She purchased a 14K gold setting and wanted to have a 1 carat diamond solitaire that was set in another ring set in it. They inspected the diamond and signed it off as having NO chips and NO fractures. It was sent right out to the shop to be worked on. Three hours later they called her and told her that the ring was ready. She picked it up and finished her errands. She was not even given back the old setting.

When she came home she said she had a surprise for me. She held up her hand to show me the ring and boy what a surprise! The stone had a big fracture in it that I could see with my naked eyes! I was fuming. Mind you, this stone was from a $4000.00 ring that I bought her for our 25th anniversary in 2004 so I new what the diamond looked like. It was flawless. This stone was garbage!

I was incensed. We have a jewelers lupe and under magnification there were more flaws! Kay Jewelers had removed our high quality stone and replaced it with a piece of garbage diamond. We went back to the store to find out just what the deal was. The assistant manager on duty had seen the ring earlier in the day and after looking at it he said it was not the stone he had seen earlier. One of the salesmen looked at the ring and he could see the flaw without a lupe as well.

They called the shop and located the old setting minus the stone. Of course the jeweler at the shop swears that he reset the right stone but the store employees and paperwork say other wise. We have to go back tomorrow to see the manager and if she doesn't make this right we will have to call the district manager ,the police to file a report and possibly a bail bondsman because I'm about ready strangle some one!

Richard
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2008 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kay-jewelers/coral-springs-florida-33071/kay-jewelers-will-steal-your-high-quality-diamonds-and-replace-them-with-flawed-ones-cora-297152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Taking Kay to court!

AUTHOR: Radonovan - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, April 03, 2008

When we got the old ring back it wasn't in our setting! It was in a stock setting because they don't save old settings. HUH? We asked Kay for a copy of the jewelers security video. Of course it was denied. Nobody can give a straight answer and nodody seems to have any paperwork or remeber anything. Well I kept the paperwork and I let each of them know exactly how big liars they are. We're taking them to small claims court. I can't wait!

Kay Jewelers Stole my diamond update!!!!!

AUTHOR: Radonovan - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, January 07, 2008

My wife and I went back to Kay Jewelers at Coral Square Mall 1/5/08. When we arrived there the saleswoman, Claudia, was at the microscope checking our diamond. She said. "Oh, I'm looking at your diamond right now and I do remember this as being your stone." I asked her if she saw the fracture in it. She said it wasn't a fracture but a feather. Ok, it's a feather that was not in the stone yesterday. Neither where the bubbles or the haze.

When I asked her why she didn't mark any of these imperfections down on her inspection of that stone but marked every other little one down on her inspection of another stone of ours at the same time she could not give an answer. I was furious. I told her she was full of "doodoo" and that Kay had stolen my diamond and she knew it. The assistant manager called security and I was asked to leave the store! I complied peacefully then called Coral Springs Police asking for an officer to respond. An officer responded in a few minutes and a report was made. First step in a civil suit. Calls to Julio Chinchilla, the District Manager, have been unanswered. We should have the ring back from remounting Wedsnesday. We'll take it from there. I'll keep you posted!

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair