Complaint Review: Paypal - San Jose California
- Paypal 2211 North First Street San Jose, California United States
- Phone: 1-888-221-1161
- Web: https://www.paypal.com
- Category: Computer Fraud, E commerce, Internet Fraud, Bank fraud,Withdrawing money without authorization, Online banking, Bank fraud, banking, bill paying service, Credit Card Processing , Finance, Financial Fraud, Financial Services, Customer Service & Support, Fraud
Paypal Changed my balance multiple times without any record. Support is completely incompetent and ignores the problem. San Jose California
*Author of original report: response #2
*Consumer Comment: Set the date range
*Consumer Comment: Still not exactly right...
*Author of original report: response to "Robert"
*Consumer Comment: Incorrect
I wish I could be part of a class action lawsuit against them. Everything about this has been so shady.
- There is no balance history anywhere that I have access to (desktop browser). There is only transaction history and current balance. This is extremely shady and allows all the BS that follows.
- I'm watching my balance as I'm selling things on ebay because I'm going to pay for something close to $300. When I'm almost there my current balance drops about $70 without there being any new transactions.
- Paypal notifies me by email that an ebay buyer made a fraudulent chargeback with his credit card. The item was sold for $23, and paypal says there's a chargeback fee of $20. Nothing close to $70. And neither of those items showed on the activity page.
- I contact Paypal support via the site's message center. They tell me to call. I call and they tell me they'll pass it on to someone who will look into it and email me.
- The $20 chargeback fee gets refunded, again without any record/new activity listed. My balance simply changes again.
- I never get an email. So I send another message. They refer me to the merchant support site. I contact that support site and they ignore the problem of the missing money and tell me I need to upgrade to a business account to be able to see my balance history, and tell me to call support. I call support again and they tell me I need to put in my social security number in order to view my balance history. That seems VERY sketchy so I do a google search and see warnings about that. I put it in temporarily and it has no impact. You can't remove it, so I change it. I call support again and tell them that adding my social did nothing. The person is totally incompetent, makes nonsensical & contradictory statements, has no access to anything. Either speaks terrible english and doesn't comprehend anything, or is using that as a farcical excuse to not help me. I ask to speak to someone else, they put me on hold for 40 minutes then disconnect me.
Looking at the information they referred me to while on the phone with support, they retroactively changed my balance so that it was never close to $300.
I have disconnected paypal from my ebay, and will stop using paypal for other websites. This is probably the shadiest experience I've had with any business.
I called the police to report the chargeback fraudster and they said my only option is a civil suit. So I'm thinking to file a civil suit against both the fraudster and paypal at the same time. Ebay does nothing about chargeback fraud.
Paypal disputed the chargeback with the fraudster's bank on my behalf with the proof of delivery I gave them, but this person is regularly doing this to multiple sellers and Paypal refuses to do anything.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2019 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/paypal/san-jose-california-95131/paypal-changed-my-balance-multiple-times-without-any-record-support-is-completely-incomp-1471938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.