X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Grand Prarie Texas
  • Time Warner Cable broadbandoffers.com Internet U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I purchased Road Runner Internet service from Time Warner Cable through broadbandoffers.com. They offered rebates for the cable modem of $79.95 and $50.00 directly from Time Warner Cable. After I placed the order and received the modem, I accidently threw away the box. I tried contacting broadbandoffers.com via email because that is the only way you can. They even gave me an email confirmation number of obj-100167 but they never responded. I contacted Time Warner Cable who told me they had nothing to do with the rebates (you can't distance yourself from a company you've contracted to do business with) but that if I went to their web site they would be able to "get" me a upc code or a suitable substitute to file the rebates.

With the $50 rebate that was supposed to be directly from Time Warner Cable the instructions tell you to complete the rebate form but the form doesn't exist. When I contacted Time Warner Cable, they had no idea where to get the rebate form from and again said they had nothing to do with online offers for THEIR service.

The Time Warner Cable customer service rep's gave me a different answer every time I called them. I have all the documentation needed for these rebates except the upc off the box (which according to TWC should be easily replaced) and the rebate form they say I have to complete but won't give me.

Patrick
Grand Prarie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/time-warner-cable/internet/time-warner-cable-and-broadbandofferscom-failed-to-honor-rebate-offers-internet-texas-313320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

broadbandoffers.com

POSTED: Monday, June 16, 2008
I got this email from them,

Patrick,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experience. We have shipped the rebates to you UPS overnight tracking # 1Z0745740141911696. Those should arrive to you by Monday. We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Evelyn
Customer Service
BroadbandOffers.com

AND THEY DID! I finally got my rebates in the mail. Thank you Evelyn.

update

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, June 12, 2008
They sent me this email but never sent me my money. They are a RIPOFF, avoid doing business with them at all costs!!!!!!!

Dear Patrick,

We received your fax and in the interest of customer relations, we sent in for a manual issue of your rebates for $40 and $39.95 As we do this in good faith, we also hope that in good faith once you receive your checks, the posting on www.ripoffreport.com is removed. Please allow 2-4 weeks for your checks to arrive. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Evelyn
Customer Service
BroadbandOffers.com

Ticket DetailsTicket ID: OBJ-100167
Department: BroadbandOffers.com

POSTED: Wednesday, March 12, 2008
A customer service represenative from broadbandoffers.com has emailed me indicating they will honor their rebates as a measure of good customer service. Once I actually receive the rebate I will update this again.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Time Warner doesnt know what they are talking about....

AUTHOR: Newmoonluna - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, March 10, 2008
First, Time Warner is such a large company with many divisions throughout the United States, customer service agents more than likely do not know about companies such as broadbandoffers or broadbandnational who handle promotions to get new customers to these cable companies. Time Warner in fact tells customers who have ordered modems online with these affilitated companies to send back their modems to these companies as they do not work with their system. Odd, given that it's the same modem and brand. Customer Service Agents simply are not given any info on these promotional companies.

As for the UPC code issue. Time Warner has told you wrong. Broadbandoffers sends the rebate forms via email. Now here's the catch. Sometimes your email will take these rebate emails as spam. Be sure to check your spam inbox for these replies from this company. If you call Broadbandoffers they are going to tell you this:

"According to the terms and conditions, it states that you must cut off the UPC Code from the box and send in with all your information".

They can not send you another UPC code. Sorry about that. As a former employee of these company, they clearly state this on their terms and conditions.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair