Complaint Review: Westlake financial - Los angeles portage California,indiana

• Reported By: Justin — Portage United States
  • Westlake financial

Los angeles portage, California,indiana
    United States

Westlake financial Recieve a dozen if not more calls a day from several different numbers all from wesltlake finacial. Have threatened me. Los angeles portage California,indiana

*Consumer Comment: Can't Stand The Truth!

*Author of original report: Great idea

*Author of original report: Thanks.

*Consumer Comment: Being A Veteran Has NOTHING To Do With This!

*Consumer Comment: Curious

Have dealt with westlake financial for over a year now, in the recent months I have missed some payments due to lack of work and being a disabled veteran with multiple issues. They have now been calling me every day multiple times for the last couple weeks, spoke with a lady named Jacqueline and told her why I haven't payed issues I am facing and told her when I can pay and even offered to pay alittle above what they asked for. She then proceeded to tell me I was stupid with money I dont know what I am doing and proceeded to make me look like a crook!! After this wonderful 20 minute conversation I ask to speak to her manager, after about 30 seconds she hangs up on me. I call back and was answered by a guy this time, told him my issues and said all I wanted was for him to put in the notes in my account the amount I will be paying and when. He then proceeded to tell me that they are tracking my car with traffic cams and that it will be found unless I pay $400 right now. I told him I do not have the funds available due to being out of town for work and needing what money I have left for food and gas for the trip home. He then again stressed that they need $400 now I will have my car repossessed now they will find my car out of state by traffic cams and take the car then and there. After listening to him repeat himself multiple times he finally agrees to put the information in the notes on my account. Even after all of that they have continued to call me today multiple times even though they know the answer they will get and keep threatening me. Any help or advice that could be offered I would really appreciate it!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2018 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/westlake-financial/los-angeles-portage-californiaindiana/westlake-financial-recieve-a-dozen-if-not-more-calls-a-day-from-several-different-numbers-1438718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Can't Stand The Truth!

AUTHOR: Perry Mason - (United States)

BOTTOM LINE...this is nothing more than a simple case of defaulting on a contract! YOU haven't made your payments AS YOU PROMISED TO DO when you signed the contract! The reasons/excuses don't matter. Talking to a supervisor won't make any difference because YOU broke the contract! What is even more despicable is YOU attempting to use a Veteran status as some kind of excuse to gain sympathy. Then when somebody talks straight with you, you just can't stand that! YOU defaulted on the contract, plain and simple. There's no exclusions nor excuses. The ONLY ripoff here is they agreed to finance you. It was YOU who failed to do YOUR end and pay them back!

Great idea

AUTHOR: Justin - (United States)

Mind your own business, if you can't offer advice then we can go back to kindergarten rules here!nothing nice to say font say anything at all. Also I am not using the fact that I'm a veteran as an excuse I'm stating that I have multiple issues I'm dealing with so there are certain things I have to put in order to take care of myself and my family due to that before their payment. So again if you get bent out of shape about this just dont answer back, not that hard.

Thanks.

AUTHOR: Justin - (United States)

Well thank you for your comment, it's quite funny to hear other peoples opinion in this subject on what they think. If you took it that way that's fine obviously you didn't read it clearly enough as I was asking for advice and help in this manner and not one sided view. If it had not come to the point where they are lying on there end and have refused to let me talk to their managers due to their lack of respect and questionable actions I would not be here. Also let me ask you one question cause obviously you have everything figured out, are you perfect? Everybody needs advice and help and I was simply asking for that. Yes I missed some payments well guess what?! You try being the sole provider for your family starting your own business and spend half your time in and out of hospitals due to injuries sustained in military service? Atleast I have enough drive to try right? I'm not living under a bridge drunk or doing drugs and pissing my life away. Btw thank you again for your comments.

Being A Veteran Has NOTHING To Do With This!

AUTHOR: Perry Mason - (United States)

In fact, using the Veteran status as a sympathy card, is a very distinct slap in the face who have proudly worn the uniform. YOU are late making YOUR payments. As such, they are making VALID collection calls because YOU have defaulted on your contract. If you don't want bill collectors to call, pay your bills on time. Since this is a subprime lender, it is clear, paying your bills on time has not been your history. Let me save you the effort...don't bother writing back, "you must work for them". I'll tell you in advance, I don't!

Curious

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

This company agreed to lend you the money to purchase the car. In exchange you signed a legal agreement where you agreed to make a specific payment on specific dates. You also agreed that if you failed to do this they have the right to reposess the car. There was nothing in the agrement that said you only had to pay when you could, or only if you didn't have money issues.

What exactly are you looking for in advice? As in the first part of your report you said you could pay what they are asking for and even a little above. But then just a few sentences later you say you can't come up with the $400 they are asking for. It should be obvious what you need to do to get them to stop calling you.  Make the payments they require. If you can't expect to have the car repossessed at some time in the near future. They aren't thretning you, they are giving you the facts of the situation that you agreed to.

I'm sorry to tell you that it is actually quite hillarious that you are fighting so hard to have them put the "notes" in your account. As it still doesn't mean that they have to let you keep the car or stop calling.