Complaint Review: American Home Sheild - Nationwide, Studio City Nationwide, California

• Submitted: Tue, August 07, 2018
  • Updated: Tue, August 07, 2018
  • Reported By: Dara — Studio City United States
  • American Home Sheild

Nationwide, Studio City, Nationwide, California
    United States

American Home Sheild American Hime Shield Trying To Make Me Pay Twice For Incomplete Service Nationwide, Studio City Nationwide, California

i called American home Shield (AHS) to send a plumber to fix a gas leak coming from a broken valve in my dryer.   My home warranty sent someone from Premium Home Plumbing.  The guy came Saturday.  He said he fixed it and put everything back in order.

Went to do laundry today and not only did he not reconnect the duct transition to the duct in the wall rendering my dryer inoperable, he also broke some pipe and the washing machine is flooding my garage.  AHS initially said they would do a service recall, even though I said if this person couldn’t even put the dryer back in working order I wanted someone else.  The guy from the plumbing company calls me all belligerent refusing to come back and fix it.  He said he doesn’t believe in coincidences (meaning my washing machine worked Saturday morning, he came to fix the dryer and now the pipe is flooding) and he also,refuses to reconnect the dryer duct.   He said he was going to call AHS and if they ordered a service recall he would come.

AHS already ordered a service recall, I have it in writing via Facebook messenger and the email they sent me confirming the service request So I expect them to tell him to come back.  Well, after he calls them, AHS decided to tell me I am outside the period of the service recall (this is the second business day after the plumber came), forgetting they already put in writing that they were approving a service recall.

They then say that I need to put in two new service requests-ie. $100 service fee for someone to hook my dryer back up because apparently AHS and Premium Home Plumbing don’t think their service people should put appliances back in working order after they finish the repair and $100 to fix the leak the plumber caused because it’s the washing machine, a different appliance.  i complained and they said they would escalate and have a supervisor call me.  No one called.

After giving them time to call me, I called and after an hour on hold listened to someone talk double speak.  AHS is saying they can request that someone come and put the dryer duct back together but now it’s an appliance issue not a gas leak so they can‘t require it. The plumber doesn’t leave the appliance in working order but since it is now an applance issue, the plumber isn’t responsible, even though he left it that way.  The plumber didn’t put the duct connection back and now because they left it that way, they don’t have to.   Talking in circles.. Though earlier AHS could require a service recall.  They will also not do anything about the leak.  They won’t even require the plumber to look to see if it is an issue they caused or if coincidentally the appliance broke, with a pipe issue, the same time the plumber was here.  Again, they earlier said that it would be a required service recall. If the plumbing company refuses the request to return, AHS won’t do anything.

I pay AHS a monthly fee and a service fee each time someone comes, they hire the repair company but they won’t require the repair company to make good on the repai And leave the a-pliance in working condition.  They can ask but if the company says no it’s my problem.  I can of course put in another service request and pay another fee.

This is a scam.  I see complaints about AHS all the time.  There needs to be a class action lawsuit.  Plus avoid Premium Home plumbing in the Los Angeles area.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2018 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-sheild/nationwide-studio-city-nationwide-california/american-home-sheild-american-hime-shield-trying-to-make-me-pay-twice-for-incomplete-serv-1455512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content