This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more. Further, effective 5/24/2018 due to GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more.By using our site you understand and agree to these terms.

Report: #1420895

Complaint Review: Assurant

• Submitted: Wed, January 03, 2018
  • Updated: Wed, January 03, 2018
  • Reported By: Jonathan — Austin Texas United States
  • Assurant

, Texas
    United States

Assurant Assurant Renters I've had Assurant for years to cover me for Renters Insurance, and they deny my legitimate claim. Texas

I've had them for over 6 years and been a loyal customer in the event I do have a loss.  In July 2017, my apartment was robbed, yes, broken into by robbers. Who does that anymore? I thought nobody robbed TVs anymore. Well even worse is when Assurant treats you as if your claim is never sufficient and continuously asks for more paperwork.  They did not pay my claim, $0.00. Plus the many hours filing the claim.

This is not a A+ company as they claim to be. And now I will refuse to have any renters insurance because whats the point? And for the Record, a police report was filed, I had pictures of my broken door knob, and thanfully, I didnt experience any PTSD or anything like that from being broken into.  However, I know people who do experience PTSD and the last thing you need is for your insurance company to deny a simple claim.  Assurant, thank you for nothing. I figure over ten years worth of no insurance, I'll recoup most of my money. And I installed a video camera in my apartment.  Don't fall for Assurants cheap prices, they are cheap for a reason.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2018 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/assurant/texas/assurant-assurant-renters-ive-had-assurant-for-years-to-cover-me-for-renters-insurance-1420895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content