Complaint Review: Highbeam Research - Chicago Illinois

• Reported By: topeka Kansas
  • Highbeam Research
    Chicago, Illinois

Highbeam Research Free trial not "free". Chicago Illinois

I was interested in learning more about Highbeam research, so I signed up for the free trial. After a few days, I cancelled and received numerous emails requesting me to sign up again. At the end of the month, I noticed a 29.99 fee on my credit card statement. I contacted Highbeam and they agreed to cancell my account, but no refund was given. I contacted them again and explained that my account had already been cancelled and there was no reason to charge my credit card. I asked for an immediate refund and was refused. I went online and discovered complaints from individuals who had experienced the same treatment......being charged after services had been cancelled. I think their practice is underhanded and borders on fraud. I am going to complain and write letters to every organization that I can find who deals with this kind of fraud and bad business practice. They will regret the day that they stole 29.99 from me.

Jholl99
topeka, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/highbeam-research/chicago-illinois/highbeam-research-free-trial-not-free-chicago-illinois-476022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content