Complaint Review: Smartfax - Michigan

• Smartfax

, Michigan
    United States

Smartfax IMPOSSIBLE to cancel! Stay away! Michigan

I can't believe I didn't research them better before signing up for their free trial!  The service actually worked fine the ONE time I used it, but...

After being lazy, letting the free trial end, and getting charged for a month... I started trying to cancel.  They're nice enough to provide a cancel button, which fails during "User Validation" with a fake "Validation Error: 500" (as others have reported on here).  I've entered 4 support tickets requesting cancellation, which have all gone unanswered.  And, I finally called their 800 number, but was told by the Indian CSR that their tools were down and I should call back in 2 hours (as others have reported on here also).

I'm still waiting for the next billing cycle, but what I did was create a "SecureSafe" credit card with a $5 limit and 2 month expiration and changed my billing card to that.  So, my downside should be limited from here.  BUT... STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2018 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/smartfax/michigan/smartfax-impossible-to-cancel-stay-away-michigan-1447251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content