X  |  CLOSE

• American Home Shield United States

American Home Shield Denied a Claim on Basic Plumbing

*Consumer Suggestion: ROFL

*General Comment: American Home Shield

While replacing our bathroom vanity we found that the drain pipe was corroded and leaked.  The plumber could see that the damage was from corrosion and had been going on for a while.  American Home Shield denied the claim on the grounds that I had removed the vanity.

So apparently, removing a vanity can cause retroactive corrosion, going back years.  Who knew?

The word is always that these home warranty companies look for any excuse to deny the claim.  We've canceled "service" from other dishonest home warranty companies before.  I guess our search for an honest one continues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2020 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/american-home-shield/denied-claim-basic-plumbing-1495924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

ROFL

AUTHOR: Flint - (Afghanistan)

POSTED: Friday, July 03, 2020

You've been through 3 warranty companies and you still haven't figured out that home warranties are a scam?  How do you think they make money -- by paying out expensive claims?  Even if you had an expensive claim, and even if the company couldn't wiggle out of it, they can usually just cancel and refund your policy -- read your contract.

#1 General Comment

American Home Shield

AUTHOR: Karlean - (United States)

POSTED: Sunday, June 21, 2020

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. My co worker has been without AC for 3 weeks now. She also has AHS and they keep rescheduling her for service without any satisfaction. I told her to call the Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint. The BBB is a joke, they get paid by the compainies to say that they are reputible, so don't waste your time with them. I also informed my co worker to cancel her membership with AHS and open up an account with her bank to save the same amount of money she paid AHS over the years and or open up a Home Depot account for service.

We replaced our AC unit which was over 10 years old with a more efficient one through Home Depot with a 12 month interest free payment until October 2021. I pay them every week around $120.00 and now my bill went from $10,000.00 to $6.500.00. It should be paid off when I receive my Tax retrun.

Good Luck

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair