X  |  CLOSE

• Updated:
  • Reported By: Brandi — Las Vegas nevada United States
  • Walmart 3041 n. rainbow blvd nevada, las vegas United States

Walmart Bait and Switch nevada las vegas

Myself (Brandi Humber) and Steven Powell purchased a TCL Roku 4K TV (or so I thought) with cash from the Walmart. When we got home we realized the box seemed to have been open, but didnt think anything of it since the TV appeared to have been new. We turned on the TV and it was acting weird since it took a really long time trying to update.

Finally the TV began to work. Two weeks later the TV stopped working as designed. The left side of the TV was darker than the right. We took the TV back and Walmart who advised we couldn't return it without a receipt and claimed the wrong TV was in the box. I called Walmart corporate office, who then spoke with assistant manager Kendrick.

Kendrick agreed to take back the TV with the receipt and understood the wrong TV in the box was not the fault of the victim who bought it. I got out of the hospital and found the receipt. My son took the TV and the receipt back to Walmart with proof of the conversation I had with Walmart reference #190613-016993 (with agent Stephanie).

Assistant Manager,Kendrick decided to do a bait and switch and refused the return/exchange.  Walmart scammed me and sold me a used three year old TV as if it was a brand new TCL Roku 4K TV. That is a UDAAP violation, since it is bait and switch. Assistant Manager Kendrick refused to refund or exchange the item despite agreeing to do so when their own customer service (Stephanie) spoke to them 6/12/19. I believe Walmart did this maliciously and refuses to make it right. They can see what they sold me verses what I actually got (against the law).

I feel like I was targeted because I didn't/wouldnt realize the TV was old and used and they are trying to get away with scamming me out of my hard earned money. I am ill and had surgery 5/1/19 and just got out of the hospital 6/13/19 from complications. Steven Powell has stage 4 colon cancer and just started back on chemo 5/10/19 and a blood transfusion 6/13/19.

We cannot keep going back and forth with Walmart because they stole our money and we are both ill and targeted when she should be protected. I spoke to Walmart customer service again, reference #190615-037772, with agent Brenden. He was going to do one more attempt at a resolution and I would get a call back within 1-3 days. This issue is very stressful and there doesnt seem to be an end in sight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2019 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/walmart/nevada-las-vegas-bait-switch-1480466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content