X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Cox Communications - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Tempe Arizona
  • Cox Communications 20401 N. 29th Ave Phoenix Arizona Nationwide U.S.A.

Cox Communications Charged me for a promotional free service. ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hm.

Cox has been providing me high-speed broadband service for a year. Last summer I received a letter offering free basic cable service just for the asking. I asked but they have been charging me $10 month for the service for the past several months.

When I spoke with a supervisor in Billing they explained they could only correct for the most recent billing period and agree not to charge me in subsequent bills. They refused to credited for previous months of over billing.

Joe
Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2007 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cox-communications/nationwide/cox-communications-charged-me-for-a-promotional-free-service-ripoff-phoenix-arizona-238492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hm.

AUTHOR: Isaac H. - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
It's actually sort of a marketing term, Free basic cable.

normally, High Speed Internet costs 54.95 and Basic Cable is 19.95...

On this promo, Internet gets dropped to 44.95 and Basic cable to 10. What's that equal?

54.95. The same price you'd pay if you had internet on its own.

The wording of the promo could use a little work, I know.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair