Complaint Review: Just Brakes - Atlanta Georgia

• Reported By: Smyrna Georgia
  • Just Brakes
    2563 Cobb Pkwy
    Atlanta, Georgia

John, And The Whole Staff sneaky, Just Brakes TRIED to rip me off Atlanta Georgia

So I decided I should get my brakes looked at because awhile back I got an estimate at goodyear and it was ridiculously high. So I made an appointment-first mistake. When I got there I could tell they were all talking about me before I walked in. I could hear one of the mechanics who opened the door for me say "SSSH...she's here." WTF? Then you walk in to the tiny waiting room that has no one in it because everyone trusts these people with their cars for days....but anyhoo...i digress...you cannot see into the bays from the waiting room at all. They put this small window on the door that goes out to the back; very stategically placed so that no matter what chair you were in in that tiny waiting room...you couldn't see up into what they were doing.

I said earlier that my first mistake was making an appointment; well that is twofold because they knew I was coming I think they purposefully arranged for my car to be in the side bay so that it were completely impossible to see what they were doing...

so of course i'm outside the whole time watching 3 dudes take apart my brakes; I really just wanted the brake pads and to machine the rotors just like everyone else. But of course it comes down the part where he "itemizes" the costs...a) dude wrote it on the BACK of one of their carbon copy receipts...hmmm...b) when I asked for a copy, he then proceeded to write it on a business card and refused to give me the carbon copy paper with nothing on the front...c) and of course, he could never look me in the eye

The whole thing really took 45 minutes because I watched them do everything; the guy with the receipt walked around my car and pointed things out...and here's the kicker...the way they can always get you is they say "our insurance standards will not allow us to let you drive this car with the problems we found today..." all BS; so they basically make you choose between "put the car back together" and "okay...fix whatever." They do not care about your safety whatsoever...

in summation...i would only go there if you are actually curious as to what ploys and deceptions that this company uses to get business...i know i was really curious after I read this site...so i am definitely happy that i had them put my brakes back together

haha...and actually my brakes squeaked BEFORE I brought it in and had them take it apart...but they must have knocked some junk off of a rotor or brake pad or something because now my car drives a lot smoother...no more squeaks...

Kristin
Smyrna, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2008 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/just-brakes/atlanta-georgia/john-and-the-whole-staff-sneaky-just-brakes-tried-to-rip-me-off-atlanta-georgia-358408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content