AMAZON.COM Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Amazon.com

There may be more reports for "Amazon.com"

For more results perform a general search for "Amazon.com"

Showing 26-50 of 1,016 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Amazon.com"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 19 2009
Amazon.com KatrinaMM Internet
I ordered an obscure hard to find movie from KatrinaMM at amazon.com several weeks ago.  I received a message saying that the package had been mailed during the first week of November.  KatrinaMM did not send a tracking number. We all know that the U.S.P.S. borders on incompetence.  I sent KatrinaMM a message requesting the tracking number so that I could find out what the postal service did with it.  She did not respond.  I waited a week and sent her another message requesting the tracking number.  She did not respond.  Failure to respond after two messages leads to believe that the package was never mailed at all.  I suppose she probably thinks that nobody would go to all this trouble over $5.I try to order goods from those that have had a relatively small number of orders.  It gives those sellers a better chance of attracting more customers.  Most sellers value that.
Dec 14 2009
amazon.com Magazine subscription Internet
More than 3 months ago I purchased a 1 year subscription to THE NATION magazine.  I have not gotten a single issue yet and it was supposed to start about a month ago, according to Amazon.  I have made numerous calls and emails to both Amazon.com and the company that handles their subscriptions, Magazine Express, and it is supposidly being investigated, but after more than 3 months, still no magazine.  This is the first and ladt time I ever order a magazine subscription from Amazon.com.  I have done lots of business with Amazon.com for merchandise and never had a problem, but apparently when it comes to magazine subscriptions, stay away!  By the way, I also contact THE NATION directly and they have no record of a subscription purchased on my behalf.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Aug 28 2009
Amazon.com Amazon Suspension? Internet
I have been a Pro Merchant for over 2 years. Weekly volume of almost 20K. Quit my job to do this. Suddenly I am suspended for selling copied media. All my product is bought from distributors and manufacturers. Nothing is ever copied or illegal. My feedback was 99% positive. I provided great prices, great product and quick shipping. Now I am suspended, they are holding my 3K for 90 days and all I get a automated emails...no person to talk to, no explanation of what product they considered copied. No communication in response to my great performance on Amazon. How is this allowed.
Jan 25 2009
Amazon.com Shipping? NOT!! Internet
Beware... Amazon.com makes no distinction between SHIPPING and MAILING ... I have a P.O. Box because my house is on a major 4 lane highway ... not to mention a major intersection. My neighbors mailbox has been mowed down 10 times in 8 years and only once did the drivers insurance company (progressive) bother to locate or reimburse her for the box and post. I simply did not replace mine the first time it got mowed down. As a result ... you cannot MAIL to my home address and obviously you cannot SHIP to my PO Box. MAILING and SHIPPING are NOT the same thing. The distinction is clear. You cannot SHIP to a mailbox or PO Box. It would be easy for Amazon.com to clarify this but they won't. They make the point of telling you on the shipping (as they call it) page that you can't choose the method. Fine place to state that their version of shipping includes MAILING, but they don't. There is no way for you to know whether they are SHIPPING or MAILING, therefor, you have no way of knowing what address to provide. Congratulations Amazon.com on a world record time at pissing off ... not to mention losing a customer. Kj villa rica, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Mar 27 2010
Amazon.com FRAUD, Internet
This is the same scam running by Amazon for years. They take in un-suspecting sellers and let them sell on Amazon. Once the seller has some good money over $1000 they put the account for review at 15, 30 days intervals. After first 15 day review they remove the restriction and once 30 day come they again suspend you at time of payment to your bank. They keep the money in reserve for 90 days with no interest and finally release your money and permanently ban you for life. Amazon collect interest for millions of dollars in it reserve and repeat the process for new un-suspecting suckers. It is so sad Amazon is allowed to carry out this scam for years and nobody filed a lawsuit against Amazon. Amazon also require you to fill the orders you receive during the initial review process. Dont do this. Its a trap. Amazon only freeze your account and hold all money in reserve for 90 days.Their A-Z claim is another scam. If any buyer claim non-receipt of item Amazon require signature confirmation as proof of delivery and even wont accept delivery confirmation or you will loose the claim and Amazon will remove the money from your account. Same with item not as described claims. They just refund buyer without any investigation. Same rule apply for any site using checkout by Amazon. So if you are a seller dont accept this payment method or you will loose the item plus money as A-Z claim terms state that buyer dont have to return the items.
Feb 20 2010
amazon.com amazon is a big s**t! Seattle, Washington
I have placed an order with amazon. I have received some gift cards. When I placed order, amazon asked me to change my password. Once done, I was asked to provide my credit card deatils and was asked to contact with bank. I was surprised as there was no bank involvd and their customer service is just used to sending pre-written replies. Afetr several contacts, I was told that one of the gift card I used has a problem and they have blocked all of my gift cards. Despite several tries, they have not replied even a single email. I am out of $300 due to this. I have earlier listened that they are in the business of selling gift cards and later deny purchases with these gift cards, however I never believed this as they are a big company and how a big business can do this. However I was wrong and understnad people are not wrong about them. They steal people money this way and are able to sell other products at a lower price just due to this. A BIG S**T COMPANY!
Dec 19 2009
AMAZON.COM they scam me Internet
they scam a $79.00 to my check account
Dec 14 2010
AMAZON.COM DECEPTIVE SELLER ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION Internet
I just tried to set up an account to sell a used book. Presumedly that subscription should cost at most $0.99/ month. As a matter of fact I did not go through the setup process and could not list any item for sale. Somehow Amazon subjected me a $39.99 charge. Following my complaint, they just canceled my account but still maintained the charge. Name: Luc Email with Amazon.com:
Dec 20 2010
Amazon.com Free shipping - not Internet
Was thinking about buying a book but waited until Dec. 17 because many companies were offering free shipping that day only. On Dec. 17th, I received an e=mail from Amazon.com telling me that if I bought from them today, I would get free shipping. When I got to the end of the order, they tell me that I didn't qualify for free shipping and they would charge me 3.00 for shipping. Have been a regular customer for over a year and have ordered 8 or 9 books during that time. Well, no more for me. Its back to Borders and my dicsount card. Steve Las Vegas, Nevada
Dec 07 2011
Amazon.com Complete Idiots Internet, Internet
I went into my account changed my credit card and they charged the orginal card I entered in 2008 and cancelled in 2010.They sent canned responses emails and only allow you to send positive feedback to them for their website.There is no place for them to allow you to post negative stuff about them other than an email.They were rude and ignorant in their approach to me.I will never do business with them again
Feb 16 2010
Amazon.com Nigerians apparently hacked into my Amazon account Internet
Today, I ordered a movie from amazon.com, and there on the section that had the addresses I usually ship to (my home address, my mom's address, etc.) was a Nigerian account: oluseye olayiwola po box 1059 sapon abeokuta abeokuta, ogun, 234039 Nigeria Phone: 07069471611 This means they hacked into my account and had access to a lot of info, including financial info. I took my c cards down, called the bank, and tried alert amazon but was met by a wall of e-mails and forms to fill out that had nothing to do with my problem. My recommendation: check your accounts and take your cards off amazon if they are stored there...I'm still waiting for amazon to get to me.
Jun 14 2012
amazon.com a-z claim error Seattle, Washington
I am a seller on Amazon. We receive the order from amazon and ship accordingly. We lost a claim when the customer stated he did not receive merchandise. The customer used an incorrect shipping address and notified amazon of such. Amazon still found in his favor and refunded his money. I am out the product, money and now have a negative a-z claim against my account. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I recover my lost funds and product?
Jun 20 2012
Amazon.com frozen account no explanation, Internet
I opened a new amazon.com account within the last 30 days when my husband purchased me a Kindle Fire for my birthday.  I made multiple purchases on said account for accessories for the Kindle Fire. Last night I purchased a stylus and a usb cord for my Kindle Fire.  I did not change the credit card or address that was on file, I used all of the exact same information that was used on all of my previous purchases. I attempted to log into my account this morning and was prompted with an error saying my password was incorrect.  I reset my password with them, and was met with the same error. I called customer service, and was told that my account was frozen, but they could not tell me why, and that an account specialist would contact me within 24-48 hours by email regarding the freeze.   I inquired as to why I had not been informed by email or telephone that my account had been frozen, and the representative said that it should send out sometime later today. My issues are: 1.  I was not informed my account had been frozen.  2.  I cannot speak with a representative that actually knows anything about my account, and why it is frozen.  3.  It was hinted towards that my address on file was fraudulent for the order I placed last night, even though it is the exact same address I have used for multiple purchases in the last 3 days. I even spoke with a supervisor in customer support, and she could not tell me why my account was frozen, or how to get a hold of the department that froze my account, that is the only department that can give me an explanation on anything.  I was told this department does not have telephones.
May 20 2012
Amazon.com Withholding funds from seller, Internet
My account is under review because they said I am operating two accounts, but my daughter has one and I have one. No one is leaving feedback and I have more orders now,  I am told I must close the listings and they are withholding my funds pending the review. I have over $500 and have sent all items and don't have any other info then the USPS tracking. What can be done to get the money from them? Are they allowed to keep the money when items have been sent. The items are also non returnable per their policy. If anyone wants to go into class action lawsuit against Amazon, contact me. I will never sell on Amazon again but want my money, it's ridiculous and now I look and see this is common practice of Amazon???!
Jun 27 2012
Amazon.com Non-Existent Customer Service Seattle, Washington
This review is about Amazon's policy of allowing sellers to ignore customer emails and do nothing about it. I was told by an Amazon CSR that there is a policy that sellers must follow regarding responding to customer inquiries, however, they do not give seller contact info to buyers, nor will they (Amazon)contact the non-responsive sellers directly. I sent two emails, one on 6/06/12 and one on 6/10/12, to Blue Light Bargains, which is a seller on Amazon, and have not received any answer to this date (6/27/12). I find Amazon's policies regarding their sellers lack of responses to buyer emails both negligent and ignorant. I received an answer from the last Amazon CSR I emailed that the problem was being addressed by another department (Amazon's Technical Team) and I would hear a response from them in two days--that was on 6/20/12 and still no answer after seven days. If this is any example of Amazon's approach to customer service, then I urge anyone who buys on Amazon to think twice about making a purchase there. Amazon simply does not care about it's customers--I guess that's what happens when a company gets as big as they are.
41, Report #200841
Jul 13 2006
Amazon.com ripoff Seattle Washington
This letter best explains my situation: Amazon.com, Inc. June 15, 2006 Bill Department PO Box 81226 Seattle, WA 98108-1226 (((ROR redacted name and address for security purposes))) To Whom It May Concern: I am writing to make you aware of my dissatisfaction with your website. On May 9th & May 13th of this year I ordered six (6) items from your site. I used the savings account option at your checkout. I bank with KeyBank in New City, New York. My savings account number is; (((ROR redacted acct # for security purposes))) The bank's routing number is (((ROR redacted for security purposes))) Somehow according to your company the charges did not go through. I have more than enough money in my account to cover the total charge of $230.21. I received five (5) letters from Certegy Payment Recover Services, Inc. alleging that I owe $323.21. The extra hundred dollars ($100) is for bounced check fees. I did not use a checking account. Attached please find five (5) PAID RECEIPTS FOR ALL SIX PURCAHSES! This is proof that I paid in full. It is your job and duty to charge me and collect all monies before sending me my items. All I did is go to your sight to buy things. This is something I will never do again. You have no right to treat me like I stole something from you. I followed all your procedures. In the adult world when you make a mistake you pay for it, not the customer who is still, by the way always right. There are plenty of other places to shop online that don't harass people and try to cheat them out of another 44%. This was the single worst shopping experience of my life. Going forward, you should be less sloppy in the way you conduct your day-to-day business. It is impossible to find your phone number or your address on your site. Are you afraid of how many complaints you would get? I had to call the 800 directory for your customer service phone number. Why should I have to go to http://clicheideas.com/amazon.htm to find your phone number and address? Please try treating the rest of your customers with some grace, decency and common courtesy. Frank k New City, New YorkU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Amazon.com CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Jan 15 2006
Amazon.com ripoff Legal Thieves Internet
I purchased a product from Amazon.com in early December as a Christmas gift. When I received the item, I immediately realized I had made a mistake. So, I carefully followed Amazon's return policy to make sure I would be eligible for a refund. Knowing that I was at fault for ordering the wrong item, I knew I would have to forfeit the shipping cost. I watched in my account to see that they had received the item and issue my refund. According to my account a refund was issued on December 20, 2005. I have e-mailed 4 times, spoken with them on the phone. Nothing! They tell me they will issue a refund, but that it won't show up for 5 to 7 days. That's just their way of saying please don't call and complain again for the next 5 to 7 days! How do you get to this company? I expect to experience occasional issues like this shopping on Ebay or other online auctions, but I never would have expected this from a company as big as Amazon. They need to be stopped!!! Rhonda Morocco, IndianaU.S.A.
Dec 04 2006
Amazon.com Refused to refund money Nationwide
Amazon duplicated my order & billed me twice customer service is lousy they refused to refund my money, never deal with them if you require a refund. The customer service including the manager are useless they do not listen to what you say, they are programed just to say NO! Brian St Thomas, OntarioCanada
Entity: Nationwide
Dec 23 2007
Amazon.com class action status Seattle Washington
I've had the same horrible experience that Amazon.com has done to me. As a loyal Amazon.com user for the past several years, this is the single most WORST experience that I've EVER experienced with Amazon.com. They further cancel your account without so much as a rebuttal, without so much as a reply that what their terms and conditions are, or what it entails. I believe that a lawsuit against this company is warranted, if not to get our money back, then at least to show the rest of the country what a HORRIBLE company Mr. Bezos's company has now become, and the way that it treats its loyal customers and supposed Amazon.com friends. who's interested in this class action lawsuit? Concerned amazon.com patron Alpharetta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Washington
Jan 12 2008
AMAZON.COM WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY Internet
On 12/08/2007 I placed an order for a gift to be sent to someone and I paid by e-check. ($108.76) A few days later I was emailed that the item was out of stock and I would be issued a refund. Thats fine, well I waited one week, then two weeks and no money returned. I contacted Amazon.com being as they have this A to Z guarantee and was advised they would check into it. A week later I received an email saying the money has been sent back on the 8th. Keep in mind thats the same day I placed the order and the money was not taken out of my account until the 10th. I again emailed them and they wanted to see a copy of my bank statement, ok, I faxed it to them. Today 1/12/2008 I received another email saying the money had been returned on the 8th. and that they has closed the claim. Well I have not received a dime of my money back and have no way to get it. The A to Z guarantee they claim to have is worthless and Amazon.com is run by a bunch of crooks. Never ever pay for anything on Amazon.com using your bank account. Mad in georgia OCILLA, GeorgiaU.S.A.
May 23 2007
Amazon.com INCORRECT PRICES MY @SS! Seattle Internet
On May 22, 2007 I placed several orders with Amazon.com during their Spring Clearance Event at which time they advertised prices at 70%+. During the time of the sale I placed 10 orders at the advertised prices. All of which i have recieved email confirmations for. During the toy sale I did notice that they stopped the sale completely for about 2 hours but put it back on exactly the way it was at first. Today when i went to amazon.com to check the status of my orders i noticed that 2 orders had disappeared completely and the other 8 orders had been modified quite a bit. Not only were items missing from my orders but being that the totals of my orders no longer added up to the required $25 to be eligible for free super saver shipping, I was also being charged shipping fees which I never agreed to! I then proceeded to check my email for some kind of explanation for these changes and found there was nothing there! I then called amazon.com customer service to bring to attention the changes in my orders. Alex, the representative I spoke to, then informed me that there had been a pricing error. I did ask for a refund in shipping being that I wasn't aware of the error when the orders were placed. The website was offering 70%+ sales how am I to distinguish the real sales for the mistaken sales? Also, on a few message boards I go to I have noticed quite a few people posting their shipping confirmations for items that had been removed from my order! How can they pick and chose who the sale applies to and who it does not? I have also noticed that most of the people posting shipping confirmations are amazon.com PRIME members. Are they playing favorites because these people are members of their site? I don't see anywhere on the site stating that I must be a member to recieve the prices advertised. I think it highly unfair that they are not honoring the prices for everyone. Below is a list of my order numbers. I also have email confirmations and printouts from message boards stating proof that they are recieving some of the items that I, as well as others, have had removed due to incorrect pricing. Order #: 002-3614251-9580024 Total for this Order: $31.32 Order #: 002-0191866-1060063 Total for this Order: $27.78 Order #: 002-8774385-9664054 Total for this Order: $26.40 Order #: 002-2494473-5886450 Total for this Order: $33.42 Order #: 002-5720122-6482424 Total for this Order: $25.62 Order #: 002-0637894-6028045 Total for this Order: $83.74 Order #: 002-9234643-0262450 Total for this Order: $104.36 Order #: 002-2522498-2532037 Total for this Order: $35.06 Order #: 002-8885251-0028060 Total for this Order: $32.75 Order #: 002-2643641-9969650 Total for this Order: $68.41 Thank you for the opportunity to express my concerns on this issue. If any documentation is needed please feel free to contact me and I will mail everything I have acquired so far. I would like them to honor ALL prices and ship the items to me as they are doing to their selected customers. I would just like to be treated fairly even though I am not a member of their site. I have confirmations for my orders and I expect to get EVERYTHING I have a confirmation for and at the prices I agreed to when I checked out. I have contacted customer service on this issue and have gotten nowhere as the reps know less than I do. I have also left a message just recently and have not recieved a call back as of yet. I do expect to be treated as other customers have been. I have shipping confirmations from other customers regarding items that were deleted from my orders due to incorrect pricing. How does it take so long to catch such errors? How in the world does such an error happen to so many items at once? I'm sorry but if this was just some ploy to boost your sales for this quarter that was pretty pathetic and I will be sure to never order from amazon.com again. I have contacted the better business bureau on this matter and I will continue to contact anyone and everyone necessary to make sure I recieve my items for the prices in which i purchased them. I recieved confirmation emails and estimated shipping dates which to me would mean that amazon.com agreed to fulfill my order and I expect NOTHING LESS! Thank you This is an actual complaint filed with BBB by myself earlier today. I have also tried to contact amazon.com several times through phone and email and left several voicemails at the executive offices and the only response i got was that it is stated in their site that they reserve the right to correct incorrect prices! It does not say AFTER THE ORDER IS PLACED however. It also does not state ONLY FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE! This is a load of bull crap in my opinion. Many people are claiming bait and switch. Either way it's shady doings in my booK! Kristin carteret, New JerseyU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Amazon.com
Nov 16 2013
Amazon.com Amazon sells pirated/illegal software Seattle Washington
Amazon sells bootlegged, pirated software under the catagory of repair recovery discs. There are numerous sellers selling this software with Amazons blessing. I have tried to get Amazon to pull this illegal software but to no avail. The software involved are the Windows boot discs and/or freeware, GPL/GNU software. The boot discs are nothing more than copied Windows installation files put to a disc by sellers on Amazon. Amazon also sells software that is freely available on the internet at no cost. All these software titles are suppose to be against Amazon policy but they look the other way. Amazon knowinly does this as I have been trying to get them to stop for months.  Some of this software arrives with light-scribe labels produced in someones basement illegally all with Amazons blessings. I have all the documentation of the many times I have tried to have these software titles removed. Ultimate Boot CD-available as freeware GPL/GNU software sold when this software is free online.  All Windows boot discs-these are copied files from an installation disc illegally
Dec 12 2012
amazon.com subscribe and save is unfair Internet
I have a similar experience with a Subscribe and Save item, although the price did not increase by 10 times. I cancelled that subscription. I have one other item and the price has kept steady. However, I still think that amazon.com is wrong to do this. They say the S&S price fluctuates depending on when it is ordered, but I haven't seen the price change at all for the item. In my opinion it is a bait and switch. There is no advantage to subscribing if the price goes up and costs more than if you got it through a local store or vendor.
Mar 20 2013
Amazon.com Bait & Switch Internet
Ordered a Capresso Infinity 560.01 for $68.98 back on Feb. 7th, 2013 which was to be delivered in March.  Then I get an email saying it's been delayed and they might have it in April.  Meanwhile, they are selling them for $89.00 and have plenty in stock.  Customer service gave me some song & dance about their marketing partner but I bought it from Amazon, and if Amazon has them they should honor their contract and ship it to me.
Apr 12 2013
amazon.com price gouging, Internet
AMAZON.con will not allow any review to the system that is negative. I was looking for flour. This flour was priced much higher than what I can buy in a local health food store but i assumed that it was just a much bigger bag of flour. I mean after all , who lists things on Amazon that are DOUBLE the price of what is on the street. Well guess what? it is just OVER PRICED! I contacted Amazon and the BENSTORE, who politely told me to jump in the nearest pond. Amazons review system ONLY allows for positive reviews and keeps rejecting any review i try to write that has a negative content. BE CAREFUL when shopping Amazon!!!

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 41