Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty - Edison New Jersey
- Choice Home Warranty 1090 Kings Georges Post Road Edison, New Jersey United States
- Phone: 883730969
- Category: Homeowners Insurance Services
Choice Home Warranty Refused to honor service agree due to an unrealistic loophole in their Limitations/Restriction. Edison New Jersey
Dear Customer Service Personnel:
This is a formal APPEAL/Grievance for the June 3, 2021 denial of my claim to have my Air Conditioner Unit replaced. This is not the first time I’ve complained about Choice Home Warranty, but I plan to make it the last time because I finally accept that Choice Home Warranty is a dishonorable company.
I deeply regret putting my money and faith into its fake promises for service over many years. I asked Choice Warranty to cancel my service, effective June 3, 2020. Here is why I join the more than 7,768 Better Business Bureau complaints over the last three years about the poor customer service received by Choice Home Warranty.
Choice Home Warranty sent Air Professionals of SC, INC, (832-293-8534), to my home June 3, 2021 because my AC stopped cooling my home. The technician said that I had two holes – one in the outdoor Compressor and the other in the Attic component. He indicated nothing other than he would contact Choice to see if the company would approve repairs and left with his $45.00 service fee, leaving me in a hot house and not knowing the cause of the holes. He did say that Choice Warranty most likely would not repair the AC and that I would know their decision very soon.
Ironically, two weeks prior to the failure of my HVAC system, I had a technician to come out at my expense to resolve any HVAC issues. I was charged $200 for the service and which included adding coolant.
I receive an email from Choice 30 minutes later indicating denial of my claim based on F#1, Limitations of Liability: …malfunctions or improper operation due to rust or corrosion of all systems and appliances.
I sent Choice Home Warranty an email to APPEAL the decision and was assigned a 3:15 EST, June 4, 2021 as the time to speak with Case Manager, Rolanda Hawkins (800-814-2534 x 4699). I called Ms. Hawkins at 3:15 and at 3:20 and left messages each time. She never returned my call to discuss my grievance. Again, Choice Home Warranty lacks integrity and honesty in its grievance procedures. Here are my concerns:
1. I paid $45.00 for Air Professionals to tell me that I had two holes in my compressor and left to call Choice Home Warranty. They never indicated the cause.
If rust and corrosion are reasons for denying claims, then all plumbing can be denied as well because AC compressors have condensation and are exposed to harsh weather, water, and winds. Denying my claim based on F#1 is like my mechanic refusing to repair my tire because it has a nail in it. In other words, AC compressors are eventually going to experience rust and corrosion, so it’s a scam to use this excuse for denying a claim.
2. It’s unfair and wrong for Choice to say that they have information not provided by the technician to me as to what the cause of a problem. Furthermore, Choice obviously can use “rust and corrosion” to deny claims on AC compressors, plumbing or any other item impacted by harsh weather, winds and rain! With no support from Choice Home Warranty, I had to locate a HVAC technician that could install a new HVAC system within 24 hours, which I did for a personal cost $6200.00! Choice Home Warranty, a company that I’ve never missed sending monthly premiums, sent an email to deny me emergency services, leaving me in a hot house to figure out my next steps.
3. Choice has thousands of dissatisfied customers, and I am done trusting this company! Any good-faith agreement between Choice Warranty and me is a fantasy because when the chips are down, Choice Home Warranty, wants your premium but does not want to give service. It’s always the consumer fault when it’s time to support the consumer service. Today, I paid $6200 for a new HVAC Unit and gave Air Professionals $45.00 to tell me they were not going to repair my AC Unit. Why in the world would I want to continue paying Choice Home Warranty monthly premiums when all the company does is take my hard-earned dollars and hide behind one ridiculous limitation/restriction after another to keep all the money for profit.
I would never encourage friends and family to choose Choice Home Warranty unless they want to also have multiple disappointing and frustrating experiences like me and thousands of others according to the BBC website. Choice does not honor its commitment, and I want to be a part of any lawsuit that holds the company accountable.
At first, I wanted to go through the Appeal process. Of course, I soon realized that was a scam too. Now, I just want Choice Home Warranty to Stop automatically deducting premiums from my account as I requested June 3, 2021. I am also requesting reimbursement of my $6200.00 based on the reason for denial is incompatible with reasonable expectations of homeowners in preventing rust and corrosion on an outdoor, 16 -year-AC compressor.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2021 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/choice-home-warranty/edison-new-jersey-refused-due-1508799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.